Call for Papers; NLIU – TRILEGAL Summit on Mergers & Acquisitions
The Centre for Business and Commercial Law of The National Law Institute University, Bhopal in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the NLIU – Trilegal Summit on Mergers and Acquisition in India. The Summit invites participation from delegates and paper presenters. Both are expected to submit either an article or an essay on Mergers and Acquisitions within the contours of the sub themes in light of the relevant legal provisions. The Summit shall witness 18 papers being presented by their author. 3 submissions under each sub-theme across both categories, i.e., essays and articles shall be selected after an intense review procedure. The 2 best submissions in both categories will also be conferred with rewards.
In addition to this, the top fifteen submissions (inclusive of the submissions that are presented from both categories shall be published in an ISBN certified both commemorating the Summit, that shall be distributed exclusively to the authors attending the Summit. All authors attending the Summit shall additionally receive a certificate acknowledging their participant as a Delegate at the Summit.
The submissions must be within the contours of the following sub-themes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions gone bad and Private Equity Exits.
- Mergers and Acquisitions in E-commerce Sector/Pharmaceutical Sector/ Technology sector: drivers and challenges.
- Current issues in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Abstract: 20, January, 2016 (11:59 pm)
- Submission of complete manuscript: 10 February (11:59 pm)
- Summit: - 4th – 5th March, 2016
- The registration fee shall be Rs 1000 for entries with a single author and Rs 1500 for entries with co-authorship.
- Those students whose paper will be selected for publication in the book commemorating the Summit will be required to pay the registration fee.
- The University will be providing the accommodation to all students whose paper are selected for publication.
All Articles and Essays must be in English Language.
- The submissions must be in in MS Word (.docx) format.
- Students must be pursuing LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. course from any recognized university to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
- An abstract for both articles and essays not exceeding 300 words must be submitted on or before January 20, 2016. The Author(s) must categorically mention the specific contribution of the Article, beyond the existing available literature, and the practical utility of his/her recommendations. Author(s) of selected abstracts would be intimated of the sameand must submit their manuscripts on or before February 10, 2016.
- The body of the submission should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing. The footnotes must conform to the Bluebook style of citation, 19th edition. Margins of 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides must be maintained, and the body of the text must be justified.
- The submission must be accompanied by a covering letter in a separate Word document and must include the following details: (a) Name of Author(s); (b) Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.; and (c) Name and Address of Institution.
- No mention of participant’s identity should be found in final entry except for on the covering letter. A violation of the same shall lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permissible in case of Essays, however it is permissible in the case of Articles up to two authors only. However, only one entry is allowed per student. Cross- college/university authorship is permitted.
- The subject of the e-mail should read ‘NLIU, Bhopal- Trilegal Summit: (Title of the Article/Essay)’.
- The body of the e-mail, for both abstract and manuscript submission, must specify the category, i.e., Article or Essay under which the author(s) wishes to submit her/his work.
- The abstracts, manuscripts and clarifications should be mailed to email@example.com.
- Copyright to all the essays and articles sent as entries for this competition shall rest with the Centre for Business and Commercial Laws, however, author(s) shall be given due credit. The Centre shall have the right to publish the articles in the form of a journal or a book.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the absolute rights to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the competition in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
- The decision of the Organizing Committee with regard to the competition, eligibility, submissions, selection criteria, results, or any other matter shall be final and binding.
Evaluation process shall consist of a plagiarism check. Entries found plagiarized shall be immediately disqualified.
The submissions will be adjudged on the basis of: Originality and Contribution to Knowledge; Clarity and Logic in Analysis; Structuring of the essay/article; Methodology of Research; and Language used.
DECLARATION OF RESULT:
The tentative date for the announcement of the abstracts selected for submission of manuscripts is January 26, 2016. The tentative date for the announcement of papers chosen either for presentation or publication is February 19, 2016.
In case of any queries, kindly drop an e-mail to the abovementioned address or contact:
- Garima Gupta (Co-Convenor, CBCL): +91-91657 86703;
- ShivaniGarg(Secretary, CBCL): +91-89897 17473
Winner – Internship with Trilegal along with cash prize of 11,000.
Runner- up Cash prize of Rs. 8000
Winner- Cash prize of Rs. 11,000
Runner up Cash prize of Rs. 8000
Click here for Brochure and Rules.