Call For Papers; NLUA Law Review
NLUA Law Review is students run Peer Reviewed Journal. The Journal will be running under the faculty advisory committee of NLU Assam. This is one of the flagship journals of National Law University, Assam. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in the country up by several notches. It is a bi-annual, student-edited refereed Journal focusing on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing. The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of law and related issues. Here special emphasis is placed on contemporary legal studies along with its foundational philosophical thoughts.
The Editorial Committee of NLUA Law Review is inviting quality research papers from:
Academicians and professionals (inter/multi-disciplinary with law)
Judges and Advocates- Research Scholars
Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary scholastic work.
Categories of Submission:
Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. The submission can be sent under the following categories :
- Research Articles (5000 and 7000 words) Authors have to submit research papers which comprehensively examine the topic. It should reflect innovative re-assessment of the theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical-analytical pieces are also welcome.
- Notes / Comments : (2000 and 3500 words) This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions, analysis or criticism on recent development from the legal perspective.
- Case / Report Comments : (maximum 2500 words) This part should entail an analysis of recent Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
- Book Review : (1000- 1500 words) The Reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same. The Hard copy of the book must be provided. [Word limit is inclusive of footnote]
Guidelines for Submission:
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 fonts with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10-font size with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes / Bibliography and in-text citations are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work.
- Headings should follow the following standard:
- TITLE OF THE SUBMISSION: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
- HEADINGS: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
- Sub-Headings: Title-case, bold, font size 12
- Sub-Sub-Heading: Title-case, italics, font size 12.
- Submissions must contain an Abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper followed with five Keywords.
- The Research Paper has to be submitted along with a Covering Letter, addressed to Dr. Diptimoni Baruah, Convener, Faculty Advisory Board.
- Submissions must be emailed at [email protected] (only in .docx format). The cover letter should include the author’s profile.
- The submission must be the original work of the author and must not have been submitted elsewhere or pending review.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
- Mode of citation will be OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities), latest edition.
- For further queries kindly e-mail at [email protected] All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted contributors will be informed by March 22, 2016. A hard copy of this issue as well as a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to each contributor
Click here for official brochure here.