Call For Papers: NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School Of Law's Nat'l Seminar On Environment & Wildlife Protection [16th Feb]
NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai, will soon hold a national seminar on 'Protection and Improvement of Environment and Safeguarding of Forests and Wildlife: Challenges and Remedies' and has invited papers for presentation at the seminar.
Dates of the Seminar:16th February 2019
- Legal Framework for Protecting Environment and Wildlife in India
- Effectiveness of International Conventions pertaining to Environment and Wildlife conservation and protection laws and their implementation.
- Constitutionality of animal rights and the role of the government in protection of animal right in India.
- Animals' right to a natural habitat vis-à-vis humans' right to development.
- Animal ethics and need to regulate cruelty towards animals as a part of tradition and as a source of entertainment.
- The growing business of Poaching as a result of unemployment in tribal areas.
- Approach of Judiciary towards protection and conservation of Environment and Wildlife in India.
- Role of indigenous communities in the preservation and conservation of Biodiversity in India.
- Environmental Economics, Politics and Policies
- Sustainable Development and 'New India'
- Initiatives stimulating employment and Environment Conservation
- Concept of Eco-Tourism in Protected Areas
- Need for initiatives such as health care facilities to Animals, Animal census and monitoring to prevent poaching and other illegal practices.
- Human and Wildlife Conflict Mitigation
- Impact and Role of Technology in Protection and Conservation of Environment.
- Last date of abstract submission: 20th December 2018
- Communication of shortlisted abstracts: 25th December 2018
- Last date for payment and submission of registration form: 10th January 2019
- Last date for full paper submission: 20th January 2019
The abstract, soft copy submissions and queries related to the seminar should be addressed via email to email@example.com.
The Brochure for the Seminar can be accessed here