Call For Papers: Symposium On Women In The 21st Century India By Amity Law School, Noida [March 6-7]
Amity Law School, Noida is organising a symposium on “Dialectic Reflections on the Position of Women in the Twenty-First Century India: A step towards Right to Equality”, on 6th March and 7th March 2019.
Who can apply?
The Centre invites academicians, practitioners and students of law from any recognized university to register as a participant or to submit research papers for paper presentations to be held at the Symposium.
Theme: The theme of the symposium is “Dialectic Reflections on the Position of Women in the Twenty-First Century India: A step towards Right to Equality”.
- Recent growth in Feminist Jurisprudence
- Constitutional provisions on safeguards for women
- Emerging Laws in India to protect women
- Need to work on Menstrual Hygiene
- Gender Equity vs. Religious Practices
- Role of Women in Indian Economy
- Scheme on women empowerment
- Women and her role in balancing Family
- Role of NCW in empowering women
- Women in the unorganized sector
The outcomes of the symposium can be numerated as under:-
- Opportunity to distinctively speak whether Uniform Civil Code could be an answer to the existing inequalities in the social structure.
- Interlinking of the two major fields of law i.e. Family law (Personal Laws) and Constitutional law.
- Entry in Sabarimala Temple- a precedent for social equality in India?
- Decriminalization of Adultery – significance in Indian marriage system.
- # Me too Movement: Effectiveness
- Invalidating Instant Triple Talaq: Is this an invasion into the Personal Laws?
- Women Rights and Muslim Personal Law: Comparative analysis of Islamic nations
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the broad theme of the Symposium.
- Submissions must be emailed at email@example.com (in. docx format) along with a covering letter. The covering letter should include the name of the author(s), contact details and affiliations. Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission should be in the form of an Article with a word limit of 3000-5000 words including footnotes.
- Authors shall be required to submit an Abstract of 300-500 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it before the submission of the paper.
- Maximum limit for Plagiarism is 10 percent and any paper not complying with the same will be disqualified. Abstracts are excluded from this Criteria.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication.
- All the Abstracts should be submitted by 30th January 2019.All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted submissions will be informed through mail.
- The full paper should be submitted by 10th February 2019. All submissions will undergo a blind review procedure to be conducted by the Editorial Board.
- The selected papers will be published and from amongst them, a few will be selected for presentation at the Symposium.
The registration form is available here
The fee for the same is provided as under:
- Single authorship for Industry personnel and academicians: Rs. 1000
- Co-authorship for Industry personals and academicians: Rs. 1500
- Single authorship for Ph.D. scholars and other students: Rs. 750
- Co-authorship for Ph.D. scholars and other students: Rs. 1000
- International Participants: Rs. 5000
- (In case of accommodation Rs. 1000 will be added in the Registration Fee per person)
- Participation without paper presentation: Rs. 500
- The mode of payment will be demand draft made in favor of “Amity University Uttar Pradesh”.
- The system of on the spot registration will also be available for both days.
- The registration form can be obtained through e-mail, website and can be collected in person from Conveners.
For any queries Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.; or contact
- Sheetal Singh (Assistant Professor)
- Viijaishree Pandey (Assistant Professor)
- Abhimanyu Kashyap Verma: +91- 78408 43757
- Radhika Goel: +91- 97174 17502
- Harleen Kaur: +91- 88607 12691
- Prerna Negi: +91- 99995 17711
- Taniya Bansal: +91- 98183 57066
For Brochure click here