Call For Papers: VIPS’ National Conference On International Humanitarian Law [Jan 19; New Delhi]
The Vivekananda School of Law & Legal Studies (VSLLS) of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) is organizing a National Conference on International Humanitarian Law: Celebrating 70th Anniversary of Geneva Conventions 1949.
Date: 19th January
Venue: Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, AU- Block, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, Delhi 110034.
- Terrorism and IHL
- Criminalisation of Humanitarian Actors/Organisations
- IHL and UN Peacekeeping Operations
- Challenge of Enforcement of IHL
- IHL and South Asia: Challenges and Way Forward
- New Technology of Warfare: Cyber Warfare, Autonomous Weapon System, Airburst
- Weapon Systems
- Analysing Critically 70 years of Geneva Conventions
- Domestication of IHL: Case study of countries in South Asia
- Child soldiers: Victims or Combatants?
- Protection of Emblems
Participation fees: Rs. 1,000
Eligibility criteria: Academicians, professionals, research scholars, post-graduates in law and students pursuing LL.M. from any recognised university shall be eligible to participate in the conference, subject to selection of their abstracts.
- Last date of abstract submission: 10th December 2018
- Communication of short-listed abstracts: 15th December 2018
- Early-bird payment and registration: 16th December 2018
- Last date of payment and registration: 18th December 2018
- Submission of full-length papers: 7th January 2019
- Day of the Conference: 19th January 2019
The brochure can be accessed here.