Call for Papers: Abstract Submission for SLS Pune's Symbiosis IPR Conclave 2018 (January 30, 2018)
Intellectual Property Rights form one of the most crucial areas where law intersects technology. Technological Development purports innovation, which is always sought to be protected. This conclave seeks to look at a perspective of Intellectual Property making valuable contributions to the economic growth of a country.
The Tech Legal Cell of Symbiosis Law School, Pune and IP Cell, Symbiosis International University seek to organize this conclave in association with the Corporate Law Cell, SLS Pune and the Entrepreneurship Cell, SLS Pune. The sessions of the conclave shall include content delivery by resource persons and Research Presentations.
The proposed conclave is a step towards identifying and analyzing relevant contemporary trends in the growth/development of Intellectual Property creating and spreading awareness amongst the students, faculty members regarding Intellectual Property and identifying the role of IP as a catalyst in economic progress.
Themes for Presentation:
The Themes are merely illustrative and not exhaustive. Papers from other themes may also be encouraged
Intellectual Property & Technology
a) Advent of New technologies & IP Protection
b) Internet of Things and its role/place in the IP Regime
c) Artificial Intelligence: Opening Avenues in IP
d) Proliferation of UAVs/Drones & IP Issues
e) Software as a different IP: Prospects ahead
Harmonization of IP & Anti-Trust laws
a) Jurisdictional Conflicts
b) Compulsory Licensing Regime: Way Ahead
c) SEPs & FRAND Terms and Indian Perspective
d) Evolving landscape of Government Use of IP
Innovation Ecosystem & Intellectual Property
a) Role of IP in Startup Ecosystems
b) Inter-Jurisdictional Protection of IP (PCT)
c) Trade Secret Legislations
d) Scope of Arbitrability of IP Disputes
IP Litigation & Growing Trends in India
Sessions & Schedule:
The conclave shall commence at 10:00 AM and conclude at 04:00 PM on January 30, 2018
- Session I: Evolving IP Regime with Technology
- Session II: Harmonization of IP and Anti-Trust Laws
- Session III: IP towards creating a Robust Innovation Ecosystem
Certificates & Publication:
- Every presenter shall receive a Certificate of Presentation.
- All presenters are expected to register for the conclave and pay the requisite fee by Demand Draftor NEFT or Cash on arrival at Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- Publication Opportunity may be provided with an external journal approved by the college bearing an ISSN number.
- Selection of Abstracts would be done on the basis of originality of thought, expression, clarity of presentation & novelty.
- The abstract shall be sent to email@example.com the subject ‘IP Conclave Submission’ on or before January 16, 2018 by 10:00 PM and shall not exceed 400 words.
- The abstract papers shall be reviewed/evaluated and an intimation of confirmation for presentation shall be sent on a time-to-time basis. However, all intimations shall be sent on or before January 19, 2018.
- The participants who have been sent a confirmation of presentation are expected to send the Presentation File (if the mode of presentation is technology-enabled) on or before January 26, 2018 by 10:00 AM.
- The participants are expected to make prior arrangements of their travel to the college and in order to facilitate the same, the timely dispatch of the intimation of acceptance shall be ensured from the organizers. No accommodation shall be provided by the college.
Registration Fee & Awards/Prizes:
- Every presenter for the competition shall register for the conclave in order to participate in the competition. The Registration Fee is Rs. 750 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Rupees) per author. A maximum of two co-authors may be allowed. In-absentia presentations are not allowed.
- There shall be no separate participation fee for the competition. Every presenter shall get a Certificate of Presentation. The following shall be the reward scheme for the research work presenters.
- Best Research Presentation– Cash Prizeof Rs. 3000 + Certificate of Merit
- Runner-Up Best Research Presentation – Cash Prizeof Rs. 2000 + Certificate of Merit:
- The final research papers of the Winning & Runner-Up entries shall be published in an external journal approved by the college bearing an ISSN number.
- Other research papers may also be submitted for publication in the said journal subject to quality and editorial selection.
For any queries, please contact:
Shashank Kanoongo, Core Committee Member; +91-9975169571;
Vaibhav Tiwari, Core Committee Member; +91-7507005792;