Call for papers: Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement (CARDS) under the aegis of DSNLU
The Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement (CARDS) under the aegis of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vizag is an organization working towards the promotion of Dispute Resolution Studies through myriad events. It strives to achieve high level of legal scholarship and research and thus, CARDS is hosting its flagship event ‘Ex Cathedra- The Arbitration Weekends’ scheduled from 22nd-24th September, 2017.
Venue: DSNLU, VIZAG.
DAY-1 Workshop on Drafting Of Arbitration Clause & Lectures
The workshop led by international legal experts would provide best practices, on how best to draft binding and enforceable arbitration clauses in contracts. The workshop shall feature drafting exercises, case studies and a series of presentations that covers the current scenario of Indian Arbitration Law, essential elements of arbitration agreements, a comparison of arbitration institutions and procedural rules, and investor-state arbitration.
DAY-2 Panel Discussion on Time & Cost of Arbitration & Lectures
At a time when the legitimacy and efficacy of arbitration as a system of dispute settlement is being questioned, it is all the more important to discuss time and cost issues, analyze to what extent these concerns are warranted, pinpoint the contributing factors, and identify potential solutions. The panel consisting of various experts shall deal into the above topic followed by lecture on Sports Arbitration.
DAY-3 Lectures & Paper Presentation
An interactive discussion shall be hosted by various experts on the Current Challenges in Arbitration. Paper Presentation is not mandatory, however, it is open for students who wish to present and if it has been approved by the Organizing Committee of CARDS. The Call for Papers is also attached herewith. All selected papers shall be published in our upcoming Conference Book. The best three papers shall be published in the second edition of ‘Pari Passu’, the flagship book of CARDS.
Theme of the Issue – “DISPUTE RESOLUTION”
Sub Themes: Commercial Arbitration, Investment Arbitration, Sports Arbitration.
Submissions accepted under the following category:
- Articles 3000 – 4000 words (exclusive footnotes)
- Research Paper 5000 – 7000 words (exclusive footnotes)
- Short Note & Case Comment 1500 – 2500 words (exclusive footnotes)
- Book Review 3000 – 5000 words (exclusive footnotes)
Course Fee: The registration fees for the participants are as below:
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students: Rs 6000/- (Inclusive of 3 days accommodation)
- DSNLU Students: Rs. 3000/-
- Academia/Practioners: Rs. 5000/-
- Registration Charge includes Course Kit, Study Material, Breakfast, Lunches and Gala Night Dinner.
- The account details for deposit of fee shall be shared once the registration for the course is complete and has been approved by the organizers. The fee has to be paid within one week from the date of confirmation. Fees once paid shall not be refunded.
To register, kindly fill the Registration Form mentioned below: https://goo.gl/forms/irA8AFrWLU4BByrJ2
The last date of submission of paper along with abstracts is 08/09/2017. Selection shall be made on a rolling basis.
- All submissions should be accompanied by an abstract of about 200 words outlining the central argument(s) of the paper.
- In order to facilitate anonymity, authors must mention their names, contact details and affiliations only on the cover page of the manuscript.
- Plagiarism will result in the summary rejection of the submission.
- Co - authorship is allowed to a maximum of two authors.
Who can apply?
Students, Academicians, and Researchers & Legal Practitioners, to come up with their contributions in the form of articles, research papers, case comments and book reviews.
For any queries/clarifications mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact
Roselin Sara Alex +91-9926144300/8839801571, Narmdeshwar +91-9030782212
For official notification click here