Call for Papers – Journal of Sports Law, Policy and Governance (JSLPG)
The JSLPG will be a bi-annual (May and December) double-blind peer reviewed open-access journal published under the aegis of North-East Students for the Furtherance of International Law (NESFIL), an International Law Students Association (ILSA) chapter, in collaboration with National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
JSLPG aim is to build a global initiative for research and development in the niche area of International Sports Law, Policy and Governance. The journal will primarily focus on highlighting, contemporary and critical issues affecting the formulation, regulation and implementation of law and policy affecting sports.
All the submitted manuscripts will be put through a strict review process by an eminent Editorial Panel of experts in the area.
Who can apply?
Legal practitioners, academicians, students and other stakeholders for the forthcoming issue (December, 2017)
The submissions may relate to (but not restricted to) the following themes -
- International sports Arbitration
- The regulation of Mega-sporting events
- Issues pertaining to Ethics and Governance in sports
- Comparative Sports Law
- Legal Issues pertaining to E-sports
- Anti-trust issues in sports
- The legal battles of Fantasy sports
- Sports and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Human Rights issues in sports
- Gender Issues in sports
- Sports and Business Laws
- Contractual Issues in Sports Contracts
- Tort and Criminal Liability in Sports
- Sports and Media Laws
- Intersection of Sports and Tech Laws
- Doping in Sports
- Long Articles (between 7,000-15,000 words including footnotes).
- Short Articles (between 3,000-7,000 words including footnotes).
- Essays (2000-3000 words including footnotes).
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes).
- Case Commentaries (1000-3000 words including footnotes).
- Policy Reviews (No word limit).
- All submissions must be made through e-mails to email@example.com in the form of an attachment in .doc or .docx (MS Word format). The subject of the email must be edited as provided below:
- Name of the Author_Type of Contribution_Name of the Institute_Theme of the Contribution
- All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter containing,
- Title of the
- Name(s) of the author(s),
- including the institution/affiliation,
- The contact information
- (Correspondence address, email, and phone number).
- The submission must also include an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- The submissions must conform to the prescribed word limit. The prescribed word limits are inclusive of footnotes but not the abstract.
- Co-authorship of up to 3 authors is allowed.
- The submission should be original, unpublished and non-plagiarised. Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material and the same must be communicated to the journal’s editorial board.
- Copyright of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the JSLPG and the submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to JSLPG on its publication in the journal. Only the moral rights will vest with the author.
- Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to any other law journal and whether they have received an offer of publication.
- JSLPG reserves the exclusive right to take the decision to publish the contribution or not.
Last date for submission –Rolling submissions accepted till 10th December, 2017.
All queries may be directed to the email – firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any immediate needs, contact at – +91-7896524945, +91-8136086469