Call for Papers: National Conference on Citizenship, Refugees and Human Rights in the Contemporary World
The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli is pleased to announce its National Conference on CITIZENSHIP, REFUGEES AND HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD, on 20th and 21st January 2018.
Date: 20th and 21st January 2018
Venue: Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
About The Conference:
The objective of this Conference is to analyze and bring out the current state of human rights in relation to refugees and stateless persons. Further, the impact of violence, war and persecution will also be discussed in this conference. This conference intends to highlight the importance of having suitable laws for the protection of the rights of these stakeholders through various nodal methods, and also intends to bring out the realities in this area to help the State frame suitable laws in the future.
Who can apply?
Research papers from Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals, Policy Makers and Students (both at Under Graduate and Post Graduate) are invited.
Theme: Citizenship, Refugees and Human Rights in the Contemporary World
- State Obligation Towards Refugees: Balance between Human Rights and National Interest
- Role of International Organizations in Refugee Crisis: A Critical Study of UNHCR since its Inception.
- Feminist Jurisprudence and Refugees: A Case of Double Discrimination
- Environmental Refugees and India: Issues and Challenges
- Stateless Person and Citizenship: Prospect of International Citizenship Law
- Exigency of a Domestic Law on Refugees: Need for a Coherent Asylum and Refugee Policy
- Word limit: 3000 - 4000
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per paper.
- The research papers must be original and unpublished.
- Certificates will be issued to the authors who attend the Conference and present the paper.
- Interested individuals are requested to submit an abstract not exceeding 500 words by 11:59 PM on 30th November, 2017.
- Submissions of abstracts and papers have to be made via email to email@example.com with the subject as "Submission of Abstract/ Submission of Research Paper".
- Submission of abstract: 30th November, 2017
- Intimation of the selected abstracts: 10th December, 2017
- Payment of Registration Fee: 15th December, 2017
- Submission of Full Paper: 14th January, 2018
- Conference: 20th January & 21st January, 2018
For any queries Contact:
- Vidhyadhar Goud (+91 9600427638)
- Suryanarayana S.M (+91 9443284343)
- Subham S. Biswal (+91 9566547545).
For Brochure click here