Call for Papers: National Seminar on Prison Administration and Reforms with Special Emphasis on Legal Aid and Legal Services
Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in association with Punjab State Legal Services Authority is going to organize a National Seminar on Prison Administration and Reforms with Special Emphasis on Legal Aid and Legal Services on April 9, 2016 and invites contributions from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to the themes.
The Seminar intends to focus on the challenges, strategies and reforms which seek the improvement in the Prison System and protects the Human Rights of prisoners confined therewith. The Seminar will also focus on the Legal Aid for prisoners and any form of legal services which could ensure a fair trial and life of dignity for them
- Legal Representation and Legal Aid to Under Trial
- Human Rights and Prisons
- Legal Services to Women and Juvenile Offenders
- Offenders on Death Row and Clemency
- Alternatives to Imprisonment
- Probation and Parole
- Custodial Death and Inquests
- Overcrowding of Prisons and Privatization of Prisons
- Rape and Sexual Abuses in Prisons
- Review of Jail Manuals
- Rights of Prisoners
- Prisons and Restorative Justice
- Information and Computerization Services in Prisons
- An abstract of 300 – 350 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author containing his/her email ID, contact number and official address should be sent.
- The Paper should not be of more than 6000 words.
- All the abstracts and full length papers shall be sent on email id: email@example.com
- The submissions must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5line spacing using MS Word.
- A uniform system of citation must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
- Registration fees must be sent via demand draft in the name of Registrar, RGNUL, Punjab, payable at Patiala.
Postal Address: Registrar Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal, Patiala, Punjab- 147001
- Registration Form
Students- Rs 500/-
Research Scholars- 700/-
Teachers- Rs. 1000/-
Accommodation Charges- Rs 500/- per day
Last Date for Submission of Abstract: March 16, 2016
Last Date for Submission of Full Paper with Registration Fees: March 31, 2016
Click here to download the registration form.
Click here to download the official notification.