Call for Papers: Pragyaan Journal of Law Volume 6 Issue 2 (December 2016)
Pragyaan Journal of Law is a flagship law journal of School of Law, IMS Unison University. Pragyaan Journal of law (JOL), a bi- annual peer-reviewed journal, was first published in 2011 and seeks to promote original and diverse legal scholarship in a global context. It is a multidisciplinary journal aiming to communicate high quality original research work, reviews, short communications and case report that contribute significantly to further the knowledge related to the field of Law. The Editorial Board of the Pragyaan: Journal of Law (ISSN: 2278-8093) solicits submissions for its Volume 6 Issue 2 (December 2016). While there are no rigid thematic constraints, the contributions are expected to be largely within the rubric of legal studies and allied interdisciplinary scholarship.
The journal seeks contributions in the form of:
- Articles (Maximum 8,000 words inclusive of footnotes and Abstract)
- Essays (Maximum 4,000 words inclusive of footnotes)
- Case Comment/Legislative Critique & Notes (Maximum 3,000 words inclusive of footnotes)
- Book Review (Maximum 2,000 words inclusive of footnotes) besides other forms of scholarly writing. Place tables/figures/images in text as close to the reference as possible. Table caption· should be above the table. Figure caption should be below the figure. These captions should follow Times New Roman 11point. Deadline: The deadline for submissions of Vol. 6, Issue 2: November 15, 2016.
- Submissions must be in MS Word. The whole document should be in Times New Roman, single column, 1.5 line spacing. A soft copy of the document formatted in MS Word 97 or higher versions should be sent as submission for acceptance.
- Main Text : Title of the paper should be bold 16 point, and all paragraph headings should be Bold, 12point.
- Cover Letter: First page: It should include (i) Title of the Paper; (ii) Name of the Author/s ;Co-authored papers should give full details about all the authors; Maximum two author permitted (iii) Designation; (iv) Institutional affiliation; (v) Correspondence address. In case of co-authored papers First author will be considered for all communication purposes. Second page: Abstract with Key words (not exceeding 300 words)
- The following pages should contain the text of the paper including: Introduction, Subject Matter, and Conclusion & References. Name (s) of author(s) should not appear on this page to facilitate blind review.
- Plagiarism Disclaimer: Article should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the submitted paper is original and is not been published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. (Annexure I) The signed document must be e- mailed/ posted to The Editor along with manuscript.
- Citations: All citations shall be placed in footnotes and shall be in accordance with format specified (Annexure II). The potential contributors are encouraged to adhere to the Appendix for citation style
- Peer Review: All submissions will go through an initial round of review by the editorial board and the selected pieces will subsequently be sent for peer-review before finalisation for publication.
All Correspondence /manuscripts should be addressed to:
The Editor- Pragyaan : Journal of Law IMS Unison University, Dehradun Makkawala Greens, Mussoorie Diversion Road Dehradun - 248009 Uttarakhand (India) Phone: 0135-3000600, 3000650 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.iuu.ac
Click here for further details.