Call For Papers: TNNLS & OxHRH’s International Conference of Affirmative Action & Gender Equality
The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy, and the Oxford Human Rights Hub have announced the International Conference on Affirmative Action and the Sustainable Development Goal of Gender Equality, to be held in Tiruchirappalli on 22nd and 23rd September 2018.
The conference aims to bring together academicians, practitioners and students from various disciplines including law, sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology and economics. Papers are invited on the following sub-themes:
- Efficacy of Affirmative Action in Achieving Gender Equality and Goal 5 of the SDGs
- Affirmative Action for Women and Human Rights Law
- Reservation Policies vs. Preference Policies
- Intersectionality: Situating Caste, Class and Race in the Affirmative Action dialogue
- Affirmative Action in Non-Political Institutions
- Affirmative Action: Strategies for Mobilisation
The themes are intended to be suggestive and the conference remains open to other novel approaches which study the link between affirmative action and gender justice.
Last date for submission of abstracts: 10th March 2018.