CARDS' Tour De Arbitration [13th To 17th Dec, Singapore]
The Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement (CARDS) and DS National Law University, India, invites applications to the second CARDS' Tour de Arbitration in Singapore from December 13 to 17. The event is generously supported by the FTI, ICC, MCIA and Young ICCA. The knowledge partners for the event are Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas and Nishith Desai Associates, India, and the hosting partners for the event are National University of Singapore, Clyde & Co. and Clifford Chance.
- 13th and 14th December: Faculty of Law, NUS, Singapore
- 15th December: Simmons and Simmons office.
- 16th December: Clyde & Co. office
- 17th December: Clifford Chance office
About CARDS’ First Tour de Arbitration in London
CARDS is a student-run institution based out of DS National Law University in India, focusing on the promotion of international arbitration through research and conferences. Earlier this year, CARDS organized its first Tour de Arbitration in London, which saw speakers from Ashurst, Debevoise & Plimpton, Keating Chambers, Lalive, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler, Volterra & Fietta, Shearman & Sterling, White & Case, and WilmerHale, among others.
13th December 2017
- Morning Session I: Panel discussion on best practices in international arbitration.
- Morning Session II: Panel discussion on time and cost saving mechanisms.
- Afternoon Session: MCIA Workshop- Drafting arbitration agreements
14th December 2017
- Session I: Panel discussion on written advocacy in international arbitration.
- Session II: Role of Experts in Arbitration
- Afternoon Session: ICC Mock Arbitration
15th December 2017
- Young ICCA Workshop on Document Production
16th December 2017
- Session I: Role of the seat in international arbitration.
- Session II: Current challenges to enforcing investment arbitration awards.
- Session III: SIAC Conference
17th December 2017
- Session I: Recent developments in arbitration in Asia
- Session II: Technological advances in IA
- Session III: Career in International arbitration
- Kabir Singh, Partner, Clifford Chance,
- Daryl Chew,Managing Partner, Shearman & Sterling,
- Yujin Tay,Partner, Mayer Brown JSM,
- Sheila Ahuja,Of Counsel, Allen &Overy,
- Julie Renard,Counsel, Schellenberg Wittmer,
- Kent Phillips,Partner, Hogan Lovells,
- Moazzam Khan,Co-Head, Nishith Desai Associates,
- Sapna Jhangiani, Partner, Clyde & Co.,
- Aditya Singh,Associate, White & Case,
- Emmanuel Chua,Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills,
- Anirudh Krishnan,Founder AK Law Chambers,
- Simon Dunbar, Partner, King & Spalding
- Rishab Gupta,Partner, ShardulAmarchandMangaldas,
- Yuet Min Foo,Director, Dispute Resolution, Drew & Napier LLC,
- Christine Sim,Centre for International Law, NUS,
- Nakul Dewan, Lawyer, 20 Essex Street,Amanda Lees, Of Counsel, Simmons &Simmons.,
- Kritika Venugopal,Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills,
- Elodie Dulac, Partner, King & Spalding,
- Andrew Pullen,Barrister, Fountain Court Chambers,
- ChanakaKumarasinghe,Partner, HFW
- Shobna Chandran,Partner, Dentons Rodyk
- Chaitanya Arora,Senior Managing Director, FTI,
- Darius Chan, Of Counsel, Ascendant Legal,
- Timothy Cooke, Partner, Stephenson Harwood,
- Eva Kalnina,Counsel, Levy Kaufmann-Kohler, Geneva
- Emilie Gonin,Doughty Street Chambers, London
To register, click here.
Certificates shall be provided to the participants. Entry is strictly limited to 35 participants only.
In case of any queries, contact Narmdeshwar (9030782212) or Roselin Sara Alex (9926144300).