Goa Judicial Service invites application for ten (10) existing and five (5) probable posts of Civil Judges, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate, First Class, in the pay scale of Rs.27700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770 and other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
1. Educational Qualifications: The candidate must hold degree of Law from a recognized University and must have sufficient knowledge of Konkani. Knowledge of Marathi is desirable. Such knowledge must be certified:
- In case of an Advocate, by the Principal District Judge of the District or the Principal Judge of the Court where he practices.
- In case of a fresh law graduate, by Principal or Head of the College or University Department where the candidate was enrolled for L.L.B or L.L.M. Degree.
- In case of members of staff, by the Head of the Office under whom such candidate is working.
- Must have practiced as an Advocate in the High Court or Courts subordinate thereto for a period of three years.
- Must be a fresh Law Graduate who has secured the degree in law by passing all the examinations leading to the degree in the first attempt and has secured in the final year examination of the degree in Law or in case of candidates holding Master's Degree in Law at final L.L.M. examination not less than fifty-five percent marks.
- Must be working or must have worked as a Public Prosecutor or Additional Public Prosecutor or Assistant Public Prosecutor or Government Advocate for not less than 3 years in the post or posts. In computing the period of 3 years, the period during which the candidate has worked as an Advocate shall be included.
- Must be a member of Ministerial staff of -
(i) The High Court or Courts subordinate thereto; or
(ii) The offices of the Government Pleaders attached to those Courts;
- Must be working as Superintendent in the High Court of Bombay at Goa, Panaji or in Courts subordinate thereto in Goa and holding a Degree in Law or Sub-Registrar or District Registrar in Goa holding a Degree in Law or Legal Assistant in the Law Department of the Government of Goa or Superintendent (Legal/Drafting) in the Law Department of the Government of Goa, for not less than 5 years in the post or posts.
3. Age: Not less than twenty one years and not more than –
(i) thirty-five years in the case of Advocates with three years practice,
(ii) twenty five years in case of fresh Law Graduates.
(iii) forty-five years in the case of ministerial staff:
Last Date of Application: April 28, 2014
How to Apply
1.Application should be submitted only by Registered Post or Speed Post in the prescribed format with copies of testimonials referred to above and two passport size color photographs, one duly affixed on application and one in separate envelope without pinning it to any paper, so as to reach the
Office of the Registrar (Adm.),
High Court of Bombay at Goa,
Lyceum Complex, Altinho, Panaji-Goa 403 001,
The Application should be accompanied by fees in the sum of Rs.500/- for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes candidates and Rs.1000/- for other category candidates, in the form of demand draft in favor of the Registrar, High Court of Bombay at Goa, Panaji, payable at par at Panaji-Goa.
2. The envelope should be inscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CIVIL JUDGE, JUNIOR DIVISION & JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE FIRST CLASS IN THE GOA JUDICIAL SERVICE”.
3. The candidates are required to download the format of the application from the official website.
For further details, click here