Conference on One Decade Of Right To Information Act In India: Expectations, Failures And Roadmap For Future
This year i.e. in 2017, the Right to Information Act completes its 12 years of enactment & implementation in the country.The Centre for Regulatory Studies, Governance and Public Policy at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences Kolkata has already conducted a study on “Trend Analysis of Right to Information Applications in the State of West Bengal” in collaboration with the Administrative Training Institute, West Bengal in the year 2016 and one workshop for the PIOs of Educational Institutions in the State of West Bengal.
The Centre in furtherance of these initiatives will be conducting a National Conference on Right to Information to celebrate the 12 years of enactment of the Right to Information Act, 2005 on July 22, 2017.
Call for Papers:
- Those who are interested in presenting a paper on any area of Right to Information must send an abstract of one page along with a biographical note on or before 15 June, 2017.
- Preference will be given to detailed papers with analysis of law, good practices and good governance through Right to Information and the content must be supported and analyzed by empirical method of research.
- Acceptance of abstract will be informed by 19 June, 2017.
- A full length paper of 6,000 – 7,000 words must be sent by 16 July, 2017.
- No paper presentation will be allowed unless full paper is submitted by or before the last date.
Registration fee for the Conference is category wise:
Category A (Paper Presentation):
- 1500/- INR for single author
- For Co-authorship Rs. 2500/-.
Category B (Participation): Rs. 750/- INR
- Last Date of Submission of Abstract: 15 June, 2017
- Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: 19 June, 2017
- Last Date of Registration for Participation or Paper Presentation: 07 July, 2017
- Last Date of Submission of Full Paper: 16 July, 2017
- Conference Date: 22 July, 2017.
For More details and Registration Form, click here.