Director (Law) Vacancy in the Election Commission of India
The Election Commission of India has invited applications from the eligible candidates for the post of Director (Law) in the Secretariat of the Election Commission of India, New Delhi, on deputation basis.
No of Post: 01
Age Limit: Below 56 Years of Age
Pay Scale: Rs. 37400-67000/- with corresponding Grade Pay of Rs. 8700/-
- All matters relating to court cases including reference from the President and Governors
- Legal vetting and legal interpretation of provisions of Election Laws
- Electoral Reforms
- Interpretation of election related laws
- Issuance of Statutory Directions and Instructions.
- Work relating to election expenditure of political parties, contesting candidates, paid news etc.
- To assist the Commission when it sits as Court in the dispute relating to political parties and disqualification of candidates
Educational Qualification: Degree in law from a recognized university or equivalent
- Experience of working in the legal cell in government organization/ministries/departments/Legal departments of State Governments/PSU/Autonomous Bodies/Universities/UT Administration/Local Bodies.
- Experience in providing legal advice.
- Experience in drafting statutes and regulations.
How to Apply
The applications in the enclosed proforma (Annexure-I), along with attested copies of ACR/APAR for the last 3 years of the officers who could be spared within 15 days in the event of his/her selection, may be forwarded to the Principal Secretary (Admn.), Election Commission of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001 on or before 24.07.2015.
Click here for official notification.