Dr. Adish C. Aggarwala National Legal Essay Writing Competition- 2014
LAW MANTRA formed by a group of students as a Society for dissemination and promotion of legal education in India through online web portal is organizing and online essay competition in the name of Senior Advocate of Supreme Court Dr.Adish C Aggarwala and invites participation from across india by law students.
Eligibility Criteria: The Competition is open for all Under Graduate students of Law (3year/5year).
Topic of Essay
"INTERNATIONAL MARITIME PIRACY IN THE HORN OF AFRICA: INTERNATIONAL LEGAL & POLITICAL RAMIFICATION”
i. The Essay shall consist of an abstract, main text and bibliography.
ii. An abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the title and keywords must be attached
iii. The essay shall be no longer than 2500 words. (Excluding footnotes).
iv. Footnotes must conform to Bluebook (19th Edition) rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation
v. Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman, 1.5 interlinear space.
vi. The written submission must have a cover page containing the name of the Participant, address, e-mail id, contact number and name of the college/university with address.
vii. The external cover/envelope should be marked “Essay Competition”.
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-Authorship is permitted only up to two authors.
- The Students who have made a solo entry and as a co-author also will be treated as multiple entries and it will lead to rejection of the second submission. . (The entry which is received first will be entertained)
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of the essay
1stCash Prize Rs. 10,000 /-
2nd Cash Prize Rs. 7,000/-
3rd Cash Prize Rs. 5,000/-
Submissions should be in electronic form (.doc, .docx).
The submissions are to be addressed to The Editorial Board, Law Mantra Journal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for submission 26th October 2014.
For further details click here