Elenchus Law Review : Centre for Economy Development and Law
ELENCHUS LAW REVIEW [(Yr) L.R. Elen. (Pg. no)], is a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal published biannually by Government Law College, Thrissur. The Journal aims to be a medium that involves, promotes and engages students, academicians and legal fraternities to express and share their ideas and opinions on themes and methodologies relating to the interface of law and society. The journal subscribes to an expansive view on the interpretation of “law and society”, thereby keeping its basic criteria for contributions, simply that of high academic merit, as long as there is a perceivable link.
Moreover the journal aims to contribute multidimensional thinking on the issues of competing concepts in governance and law, often positioned between various international and comparative approaches to justice. Its endeavor is to bring in various socio-economic and political forces evolving itself to law and justice and to review the State and International Policies and their impact on various national and international polities. Lastly, it tries to invigorate struggles and movements for equity and equality by way of knowledge dissemination and sharing of information.
Elenchus Law Review accepts submissions:
- Articles are academic writings which discuss and analyze an original legal issue or problem. ELENCHUS LAW REVIEW considers Article submissions of all lengths, but gives preference to Article submissions of fewer than 10,000 words. Elenchus accepts writing if it is around 3,000 words without footnotes as an essay, but this shall be limited as long as it advances an idea, or initiates analytical discussion.
- Notes and reviews (including book reviews) and comments can be submitted on any legal or policy development like a new legislation, judicial decision or policy. However the length of such writings shall not exceed 4500 words, but preferably of 3500 words.
- All submissions should be made in electronic format only, in a MS Word document. The manuscripts should contain footnotes and not end-notes. The manuscripts can either be e- mailedto firstname.lastname@example.org (put the words "To the Editor" in the subject line) or be sent in a disk to: The Editor, Elenchus Law Review, Govt. Law College Thrissur, Ayyanthole, Thrissur- 03, Kerala, India. Please ensure that the disk is virus free, and is not corrupted.
- Articles must be accompanied by the declaration (stating that the manuscript is an original work of the author and is not published elsewhere) an abstract of 500 words giving a brief summary of the article, title page with descriptive title of the article, the names of all authors and their highest academic degrees and any other relevant professional and academic affiliations, the full address as well as email address for the corresponding author and bibliography. A brief note about the author shall be attached to the mail, if required.
- Page Format: Articles submitted for the journal shall be justified in Times New Roman with letter size 12 in text along with 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes shall be in the former font but with letter size of 10 and 1 line spacing. The article shall be margined with 1.5 inches to the left and 1 inch to all the other sides.
- Year Round Submission Policy: Elenchus Law Review keeps it submission and review procedure open for the whole academic year. However, the selections shall be closed well before 45 days of the issue release. Authors are requested to take note of the same and send in submissions accordingly. Nevertheless, the editorial board shall consider the temporal elements contained in the subject matter of the submissions and may switch the choice of editions.
- Business Communication or Letters: Any contact or business communications can be sent to email@example.com. Please ensure that the letters or communications convey full identity of the forwarder.
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION
29th April 2016