Entries Invited For 5th Rostrum Legal Essay Competition
RostrumLegal has announced the fifth edition of its Legal Essay Competition. This year, prizes worth Rs. 3,57,000 will be awarded to the participants. There is no specific theme for this year’s competition and participants can write on any topic of their interest from the field of law.
The Rostrum Essay Competition is organised every year by RostrumLegal to promote original legal writing and research work in the field of law. The competition was first conducted by in 2012.
The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate law students.
How to participate?
- Step 1: Submit your abstract by October 30, 2017.
- Step 2: Register online, if selected for participation.
- Step 3: Submit your essay along with copyright agreement by email.
- October 30, 2017: Last day for the abstract submission by email. (23:59 IST)
- November 5, 2017: Release of the abstract selection list. (16:00 IST)
- November 15, 2017: Last day for online registration (23:59 IST)
- December 20, 2017: Last day for submission of essays by email. (23:59 IST)
Abstracts are to be sent to [email protected]. Please provide your name, phone number, the name of college/ university and your address of correspondence in the body of the email. Please do not use this email id for posting queries.
Awards and Prizes:
- 1st Prize: Rs. 20,000 Cash
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 15,000 Cash
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 10,000 Cash
- Rank 4th to 10th: Rs. 2,000 Cash for each participant.
- All the registered participants will receive a RostrumLegal Gift Card worth Rs. 4,000 each.
- All the participants submitting abstracts for participation in the competition will receive a RostrumLegal Gift Card worth Rs. 2,000 each.
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the registered participants.
Essays of all the participants ranked 1st to 10th will be published online in Rostrum’s Law Review, ISSN: 2321 – 3787 and approved by the University Grants Commission.
All the articles published in Rostrum’s Law Review are free to access. To read the essays and articles published earlier on Rostrum’s Law Review, click here.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to 2 persons.
- The abstract should not exceed 500 words.
- The word limit for the essay is 6000 words (including footnotes and references).
- All the submissions shall be made in .doc or .docx format.
- All essays should be in compliance with the Rostrum’s Law Review’s publication policy.
- Further guidelines for citation and submission will be emailed to the selected participants after registration.
Participants whose abstracts are selected are required to register for the competition. Registration can be done online by filling up the form and by online payment of registration fee. The registration fee for this edition of competition is Rs. 1,000.
Queries can be directed to [email protected].
For further details, click here.