The School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun is organising a webinar on Approaching International Arbitration Moots: A Detailed Analysis.
Date: September 5, 2020
Time: 5:00 PM.
The university has invited leading experts in the field of international arbitration and stalwarts in international arbitration mooting to train the students.
The panel comprises:
- Prof. (Dr.) Stefan Kröll, Director of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution and a Professor at Germany's top-ranked law School, Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany. Prof. (Dr.) Kröll was a successful coach to the University of Cologne for many years and now is the Director and drafter of the highly coveted international arbitration moot, i.e. Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot. He is also the UNCITRAL expert in preparing the digest on the UNCITRAL Model Law.
- Ms. Kiran Nasir Gore, Counsel at the Offices of Charles H. Camp, PC at Washington with extensive experience in international dispute resolution. She is also the Acquisition Manager at Wolters Kluwer and the Associate Editor of the highly reputed Kluwer Arbitration Blog. Ms. Gore is a lecturer at the George Washington University School of Law, United States of America, a coach to various teams and an arbitrator.
- Mr. Ajar Rab, Partner at Rab & Rab Associates LLP, Dehradun, a Visiting Professor at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore, and National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. He is currently pursuing a doctorate in international commercial arbitration under the supervision of Prof. (Dr.) Kröll. Mr. Rab is an arbitrator and a successful coach to several teams participating in various international competitions and regularly drafts moot propositions for the leading law schools in India including the prestigious National Law School Trilegal International Arbitration Moot.
- Mr. Jonathan Lim, Counsel at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, London. He has been named as leading under 45 arbitrator and practitioner in Who's Who Legal, Arbitration Future Leaders 2018-2020. He is qualified as an English Solicitor, New York Lawyer, Singapore Advocate and has acted as arbitrator in several international arbitrations, with appointments from Singapore International Arbitration Centre, and the German Arbitration Institute (DIS). Mr. Lim has been a successful participant at Vis Vienna, a successful coach to various teams and an arbitrator.
- Mr. Benjamin Gottlieb, Senior Associate at Schellenberg Wittmer, Zurich, with extensive experience as Arbitrator and Counsel in complex arbitration disputes. He is an expert on the United Nation Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and a lecturer at the University of Zurich. Mr. Gottlieb has successfully coached several teams and has been an arbitrator at various mooting competitions.
All students interested in this field of international arbitration or mooting should attend this webinar which promises to discuss in detail the common questions most students will have with respect to essential readings on international arbitration, the style of presentation, the difference in appearing before courts and arbitral tribunals, and the value of such moots in relation to career prospects.
To register, click here.