Fifth National Student’s Conference on International Humanitarian Law -19th Feb 2016
The Centre for International Humanitarian Law Studies, Institute of Law, NIRMA UNIVERSITY in association the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is organising the Fifth National Student’s Conference on ‘International Humanitarian Law’ on 19th February 2016.
THE OBJECTIVE OF CONFERENCE:
- To initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders, including senior level policy makers, academicians and practitioners;
- To discuss the contemporary challenges in the area of International Humanitarian Law and solutions thereof.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- Increased attacks on humanitarian workers and humanitarian aid
- Targeting of cultural property
- New Weapons technology and IHL
- Conflation of armed conflict and terrorism
- The applicability and ramifications for International humanitarian law in Syria and Iraq
- Challenges in enforcement and accountability for violation of IHL in South Asian Countries
- The role of Non-State actors in taking forward the humanitarian dialogue
- Syrian Crisis and European Refugee Crisis
- Abstract Submission By- 15th January, 2016
- Paper Submission By- 08th February, 2016
The soft copy of the contribution, as attachments in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), must be sent to email@example.com.
Registration fees: Rs. 500/- which should be payable by Demand Draft in favor of 'Institute of Law, Nirma University' payable at Ahmedabad.
- Ayushi Kalyan, Chairperson, Phone no: 8511318047
- Bhavinee Singh, Vice Chairperson, Phone no: 9978783207
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: peaceandhumanrightsinwar.wordpress.com
For Guideline details click here