First Adv. Vijayaraghavan Memorial National Essay Competition, 2019
School of Legal Studies Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala is organising First Adv. Vijayaraghavan Memorial National Essay Competition, 2019.
- Reintroduction of „Adultery‟ into the Indian Penal Code, 1860 – A Step in the Right Direction?
- Constitutional Validity of Section 377 of IPC – A Debatable Issue
- Section 376(2) of IPC: A Draconian Provision?
Who can apply?
- The Competition is open to all students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or post-graduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- The participants have to submit an essay on ANY ONE of the listed themes
- All submissions shall be in English language
- All essays should be original work of authors and any submission that is found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified from the Competition.
- Participant shall not include his/her name or affiliation in the submission ‟s text in any form. The same shall be provided in a cover letter accompanying the essay.
- All essays should be accompanied with a cover letter with the following details:
- Name of Participant:
- Year and Course (UG/ PG):
- University Name:
- Institutional Address (For delivery of certificate):
- Contact Number
- Email id.
- Any previously published entry would not be permitted. A declaration to that effect should be accompanied with the submission.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- The word limit for the essay is 4000 – 5000 words excluding footnotes accompanied with an Abstract of 250- 300 words.
- Submission shall be made ONLY in PDF format.
- A soft copy of the submission has to be mailed to [email protected]
- Subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: VMNEC, 2019 – Theme of the paper”.
- Last Date of Submission of the Essay: January 15th, 2019 (11:59 pm)
- Declaration of the results: February 20th, 2019 (World Day of Social Justice)
- First Prize: Rs. 12,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 7,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- The top three submissions shall be published in Cochin University Law Review [CULR] and the top ten submissions shall be given merit certificates.
For any queries contact:
- Arathi Ashok, 9847982918
- Aneesh V. Pillai, 8606558242
For Brochure click here