Galgotias University National Conference on Evidence Law: Contemporary Development
Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh is conducting a National Conference on Evidence Law: Contemporary Development, organised by Centre for Criminal Justice Studies, School of Law, Galgotias University from 23rd -24th April, 2016.
The Law School at Galgotias University was established in the year 2011 and it aims to provide Inter-disciplinary teaching and research opportunities. The Centre for Criminal Justice Studies (CCJS) was established in the year 2013 to pursue research in Criminal Justice and Criminological issues.
The conference will have four technical sessions devoted to discuss each of the issue in great depth.
- Technical Session: 1 – Colonial shadows under Indian Evidence Act (legitimacy and paternity jurisdiction, judicial notice, confessions, Human Rights aspects under Evidence Act)
- Technical Session: 2 – standard of proof (Relevancy, Admissibility, proof beyond reasonable doubt/ clear and convincing proof, The Exclusionary Principle).
- Technical Session: 3 – Witness (Witness protection, hostile witness)
- Technical Session: 4 – Forensic Evidence (scientific evidence, police reform, instrumentation)
- Colonial shadows under Indian Evidence Act
- Standard of proof
- Forensic Evidence
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Research Papers/Articles and Case Studies from academicians, research scholars and students are invited for presentation in the National Conference. The abstract should be submitted first along with the Registration Form. It will go through a peer review process to determine suitability and inclusion in the Conference.
There shall be an award for best paper under each of the themes.
- The Registration fee for paper presentations will be Rs.1000/- for academicians and research scholars and Rs.500/- for students pursuing 5year/3year Law Degree and LLM program.
- Registration fee is payable by each of the authors of the papers individually and separately in cash or DD, as per due dates.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 27/02/2016
- Notification of paper selection: 05/03/2016
- Last date for submission of Final Paper & Registration Fee: 02/04/2016
- Conference: 23-24/04/2016
- Utkarsh Yadav- +91- 98990-93310
- Victor Nayak- +91-97125-84679
- Anindhya Tiwari- +91-96801-30090
For more details of the Conference, click here.