GNLU: Advanced Training Programme on Trade Remedies under WTO Dispensation
GNLU is organising a three day Advanced Training Programme on Trade Remedies under WTO Dispensation from 1st-3rd September, 2017.
About the Training Programme:
The high-level training programme is aimed at offering the participants an overall understanding of WTO disciplines on trade remedies in the form of ant-dumping actions, countervailing duties and safeguard measures. It will also focus on Indian laws and rules on trade remedies available under the WTO framework. It is intended to provide the participants a rare opportunity to deepen their knowledge and develop capacities on critical aspects of trade remedies under WTO dispensation.
The training programme is designed to:
- Learn crucial purposes and functioning of trade remedies available under the WTO rules.
- Examine conceptual and definitional issues of dumping, subsidies and safeguards under agreements on anti-dumping actions, subsidies and countervailing duties, and safeguard measures respectively.
- Analyze substantive and procedural rules governing trade remedy investigations and applications under pertinent agreements.
- Evaluate actions and responses of member states of WTO, particularly India, in their recourse to trade remedies.
Dr. Udayakumara Ramakrishna B.N. is Assistant Professor of Law at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar. He has extensive experience in conducting specific courses on Law of World Trade Organization and Law of Competition & Anti-Trust.
Who can participate?
Advocate, legal personnel/ legal advisors, academics, industry/trade association officials, students (pursuing full time undergraduate/postgraduate programmes in Law, Commerce/ Management)
- For Professionals and Others: 1500/-
- For Students: 1000/-
How to Apply?
- Payment Link: https://www.onlinesbi.com/prel ogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID= 627430
- Registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/GyrKHcTzU 6chZdam2
For further details, please find the attached brochure