GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Essay Competition
GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights is organizing the GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Essay Competition to instil and encourage legal scholarship and research in Intellectual Property Rights among the students.
- Space Technology and IPR: Challenges, Issues and Remedies
- Commercialization of Nanotechnology and Its Related IPR Issues and Remedies
- Protection of Traditional Knowledge and IPR: Does India Need A Sui Generis Legislation?
- Digital Libraries And Art Galleries and Its Relationship with IPR: Issues, Challenges and Alternatives and Solutions
Eligibility: Any student pursuing five or three year LLB and/or Master of Law (LLM) programme is eligible to participate in the competition.
- The essays must be submitted only in English.
- The essays should be accompanied a cover page/letter giving details of the authors such as name of the author, designation, name of the institute affiliated to, address and contact details.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere within the essay.
- The word limit for the essay is 2000 – 3000 words, excluding footnotes. Endnotes are not permitted.
- The essays should be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes must be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 19th Edition.
Details for Submission
- The essays must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject ‘GNLU Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Rights, 2016’.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The essay may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
- All essays must be accompanied by a cover page giving the following information:
(a) Topic Chosen
(b)Title of the essay
(c)Name(s) of the Author(s)
(d)College/ Institute? University of Author(s)
(e)Programme Enrolled & Year of Study of Author(s)
(f)E- mail address & Contact No. of Author(s)
Last date for the submission of the essays: May 31, 2016 by 11.59 P.M.
Click here to download the brochure.