GNLU-NLA- International Essay Competition 2015
Gujarat National University (GNLU), under the aegis of GUVNL-GNLU Research Fellowship on “Energy Law and Policy‟ is organizing an essay competition on subjects relevant to Energy law and policy with an aim to involve all those who want to serve a purpose larger than themselves and are able to communicate their passion for the subject tempered by the wisdom of an overarching awareness.
Topics for the Competition
- Public acceptance and nuclear power
- Nuclear power as a sustainable source of energy
- State institutions and nuclear power development
- Nuclear Energy and Safety- Legal dimension
- Nuclear Regulatory Process/ domestic and comparative international practice
- Nuclear Liability and Compensation Law, and insurance law
- National or International environmental Law and Nuclear Energy
- International institutions and legal instruments on nuclear energy
Eligibility: Research Scholars, experts from academia, organizations, students from all backgrounds.
- The essay must be of minimum 8000-9000 words excluding footnotes
- The essays submitted by the participants must be in “English‟ language only.
- Each submission must include two cover pages. The first page should include the paper‟s title and the participant‟s name, mail address, academic details, designative description phone number and email address.
- The second page should include only the title of the essay accompanied with a small abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The essay must be typed in Microsoft Word with Times New Roman, Font size 12, 1.5 linear spacing, on A4 size paper with 2.56 CM margin on each side.
- Citations should be provided in the footnotes and references must appear as endnotes. All footnotes/references shall be in Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
- Participant shall fill the Registration Form (as per annexure A) and submit the scanned copy of Registration Form duly signed along with Abstract before October 30, 2015 as an email attachment to [email protected].
- The subject line of email should read, “Registration and Abstract Submission”.
- Participants should submit their essays in the prescribed format as an email attachment, in Word Document or PDF form to [email protected] . The subject line of the email should read, “GNLU-NLA Essay writing contest 2015 on Nuclear Energy law and policy.”
- First Prize: Certificate of Excellence and a cash prize of US Dollars 150 and its equivalent in INR
- Second Prize: Commendation certificate and a cash prize of US Dollars 120 and its equivalent in INR
- Third Prize: Commendation certificate and a cash prize of US Dollars 100 and its equivalent in INR
- Honor Mention (15 numbers): Certificate of Recognition of Efforts
- Certificate of Participation to all the participants of essay competition
- Publication of 15 best essays in a book to be published by our publication partner Eastern Book Company.
- Internship opportunities shall be provided to top 6 best essays writers at GNLU under GUVNL-GNLU Research Fellowship on Energy Law and Policy which can be availed by the winner till 2016.
Last date for Abstract Submission and Registration: November 30, 2015 (23.59)
Last date for final submissions: December 21, 2015 (23:59)
Click here for brochure.