H.M. Seervai Gold Medal Essay Competition in Constitutional Law- 2016
2 May 2016 2:33 PM GMT
Since 1997 as a mark of tribute and respect to one of the greatest legal luminaries of our country Shri H.M. Seervai National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore instituted a Gold Medal in the name of the distinguished jurist, late H.M. Seervai for the best original essay written on the themes specified in Indian Constitutional Law.
The theme selected for 2016 is “ACCESS TO JUSTICE: CONSTITUTIONAL PARAMETERS AND CHALLENGES”.
Eligibility: The Competition is open only for LL.B. students studying in any of the recognised Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities in India.
Rewards: The NLSIU may award Certificates of Merit to select essays which receive the commendation from the panel of judges. Essay may also be considered for publication by the National Law School.
- Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources) in English, not exceeding 10,000 words (approximately 30 double space typed pages, New Times Roman, font size 12) including footnotes and references, typed on one side of the A4 size papers.
- The participants are requested to staple all the pages with an additional white page for first (title cover) and last page.
- Use of plastic wrappers and spiral bounds are discouraged.
- Four copies of the essay should be sent to the following address on or before 11th June, 2016 to Ms. M. Padmavathi Examination Department National Law School of India University Nagarbhavi, Bangalore - 560 072.
- A soft copy of the same should also be sent to email@example.com before the last date.
- Students should also produce a bonafide certificate through the Principal or Head of the institution.
- The envelopes containing the essay should be properly sealed and superscribed - “HM Seervai Gold Medal Essay Competition”.
For any further information or clarification, please contact Prof. T.V. Subba Rao, Tel. No. 080- 23160525, 23160532 / 33 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the official notification