ICFAI University 1st National Moot Court Competition
The Faculty of Law, ICFAI University Jaipur, is organizing its 1st National Moot Court Competition.
- Competition is scheduled from 18th March to 20th March, 2016 at Faculty of Law, The ICFAI University, Jaipur.
- Teams are expected to reach the venue on 18th March, 2016 by 10:00 a.m. or before registration.
- The orientation for the Competition would be held at The ICFAI University Campus, Jaipur on 18th March, 2016 as per the schedule.
- The Preliminary and Quarter Final Rounds of the Moot Court Competition will be held on 19th March, 2016.
- The Semifinal and Final Rounds of the Moot Court Competition will be held on 20th March, 2016.
ICFAI University Jaipur
- The Competition is open to all regular students of undergraduate law courses conducted by Law Colleges/Schools/Universities/Departments recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Students of both three years and five years integrated law programmes can participate in the competition.
- Students of correspondence course or students pursuing LL.M are not eligible.
- Participants shall comply with age criteria as per BCI rules.
- Only one team from a Law College/School/University/Department shall be permitted to participate in the competition.
- The participation shall be restricted to the first 32 Teams who confirm their participation on “first come first serve” basis.
- In order to confirm Participation, team must register itself within the stipulated time.
- The provisional registration will remain open till February 15, 2016 (11.59 P.M. IST).
- The Registration Fee is INR 1500/- which shall be payable through Demand Draft only.
- The Demand Draft shall be made in the favour of „The ICFAI University, Jaipur-Fee Collection A/c‟ payable at „JAIPUR‟.
- The Registration process is as follows:
- Download the Registration Form and Travel Form from the official website i.e. iujaipur.edu.in.
- Scan the duly filled Registration Form, Travel Form and Demand Draft.
- Send the scanned copy of all i.e. Registration Form, Travel Form and Demand Draft via e-mail to email@example.com till February 15, 2016 (11.59 P.M. IST).
- Send the Original Demand Draft and Travel Form along with the Registration Form (Hard Copy) to “The Coordinator, The ICFAI University Jaipur 1st National Moot Court Competition-2016, Faculty of Law, The ICFAI University Jaipur, Near Cambay Golf Resort, Agra Road, Jamdoli, Jaipur - 302031, Rajasthan.
- The Original Demand Draft and Travel Form along with the Registration Form (Hard Copy) shall reach us on or before February 22, 2016.
- “Registration Form -The ICFAI University Jaipur 1st National Moot Court Competition- 2016” must be super scribed on the envelope containing the Original Demand Draft, Travel Form and Registration Form.
- Forms received after the deadline i.e. February 22, 2016 shall not be considered for registration.
- Participation of the team shall be confirmed by the Organizers as soon as the mail annexed with scanned copies of Demand Draft, Travel Form and Registration Form is received.
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable and no claim for refund of fee shall be entertained.
Guidelines for Submission of Memorial
- There will be two separate moot court problems. First problem (referred to as Problem-I hereinafter) will be for Preliminary rounds and Quarter Final Round. The second problem (referred to as Problem-II hereinafter) will be for Semi-Final Round and Final Round. Both propositions are attached with the invitation.
- The teams shall prepare well-researched moot court memorials for both sides, the Petitioner and the Respondent, for both problems. Soft copy of Written Memorials of Problem –I for both the sides shall be sent to the organizers with the Subject “First Memorial Submission for 2016 by Team Code” on or before March 5, 2016 by 05:00 P.M. (IST) via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and Six hard copies of the same from both the sides (six from Petitioner‟s side and six from Respondent‟s side) shall be sent to the following address : “The Coordinator, The ICFAI University Jaipur 1st National Moot Court Competition- 2016, Faculty of Law, The ICFAI University Jaipur, Near Cambay Golf Resort, Agra Road, Jamdoli, Jaipur - 302031, Rajasthan. “First Memorial Submission for The ICFAI University Jaipur 1st National Moot Court Competition-2016” must be super scribed on the envelope containing the same.
- Soft copy of Written Memorials of Problem –II for both the sides shall be sent to the organizers with the Subject “Second Memorial Submission for 2016 by Team Code” on or before March 12, 2016 by 05:00 P.M. (IST) via e-mail at email@example.com and Six hard copies of the same from both the sides (six from Petitioner‟s side and six from Respondent‟s side) shall be submitted at the time of Registration. “Second Memorial Submission for The ICFAI University Jaipur 1st National Moot Court Competition-2016” must be super scribed on the envelope containing the same.
- Any submission after 05:00 P.M. (IST) shall be considered as late submission. Late submission of written memorials (softcopy as well as hardcopy) would result in deduction of 2 marks from each succeeding date.
- No submission is allowed after March 7, 2016 and March 14, 2016 for Problem-I and Problem- II respectively, except at the sole discretion of Organizers. Decision of the Organizers shall be final in this regard.
- Separate files must be attached while submitting softcopy of Written Memorial of any problem i.e. Written Submission for Problem-I (Petitioner), Written Submission for Problem-I (Respondent) and Written Submission for Problem-II (Petitioner), Written Submission for Problem-II (Respondent). Files must be in Adobe PDF format.
- Indicate only the Team Code, Name of the Case, Year of the Competition, Name of the Forum of Dispute and the Party for which the written memorial is prepared, on the Cover Page.
- The identity of the College/University shall not be revealed anywhere in the Memorial. However, the Memorial shall be appended along with a covering letter containing the details of the participating college. (By Separate Attachment).
- Memorials as well as Annexures shall not contain any photograph, sketches, exhibits, affidavits, logo, name, Mark, seal etc. which could reveal the identity of the team or their institution or their city in any manner.
- No delays caused by the courier companies shall be considered. Teams are advised to send the soft copies as well as the hard copies well in time taking into account all contingencies.
- There shall not be any disparity between softcopy and hardcopies submitted for both problems. Violation of this rule may lead to disqualification of the team and decision of the organizers shall be final in this regard.
- Memorials once submitted shall not be returned to the participants in any case nor shall any revision, amendment be allowed after submission of the memorials. However, Teams may carry annexures along with and can submit them in the beginning of each round.
- Teams are required to carry additional hard copies of their written memorials for their personal reference, which are excluded from the copies already submitted. Organizers are not bound to help teams in such case by providing the copies of memorials submitted.
- All memorials received within the time schedule will be evaluated by the Memorial Evaluation Committee (MEC) to be constituted by the Coordinator, Faculty of Law, the ICFAI University, Jaipur. Evaluation done shall be final and binding.
Written Memorials shall strictly comply with the format given below:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- List of Abbreviations
- Index of Authorities/Table of cases
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Statement of Issues
- Summary Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- General Formatting Rules:
1) The written memorial shall not exceed 25 pages all inclusive.
2) The written memorials shall be typed on A-4 sized paper, with the following mandatory specifications:-
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Heading Font Size: 14
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Body of Text: Justified
For Footnotes, the formatting specifications are as follows:
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 10
- Single Spacing
- Paragraph Spacing: 0
- No additional Space between 2 footnotes
- Body of Text: Justified
3) Memorials must have one inch margin on all sides of each page.
4) Pages must be numbered at the Bottom Middle.
5) The written memorials must not contain any borders.
6) Footnotes should be limited only to citations and must not contain extra information or arguments.
7) The cover page of the Memorial for Petitioners shall be Blue in colour and for Respondents shall be Red in colour.
8) The foot noting shall be as per universally accepted standards with consistency i.e. The Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) format.
9) Memorials shall be typed and spirally bound with soft cover.
10) Memorials should not contain anything else apart from the above specified format. Note: Any violation of formatting rule/s may lead to negative marking and sole discretion and final decision will be of organizers in this regard.
Reward and Prize
1.Moot Court Winners Trophy and a Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/- will be awarded to the Winning team.
- Moot Court Runners-up Trophy and a Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- will be awarded to the Runners-up team.
- The Best Mooter will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- and a trophy.
- The Best Researcher will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- and a trophy.
- The Best Memorial will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/ and a trophy.
- All the participants will be given certificate of participation.