ICFAI University to organise N.J Yasaswy Memorial National Moot Court Competition
The School of Law (The ICFAI University), Dehradun is organizing N.J. YASASWY MEMORIAL NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION. The moot proposition has been designed on established principles of Humanitarian law and Constitutional Laws.
It also deals with varied arena of Criminal Laws to provide participants a comparative perspective in order to analyze socio-legal situations wherein medical jurisprudence plays a vital role as specified in the problem.
Faculty of Law,The ICFAI University, Dehradun. Central Hope Town, Rajawala Road, Selaqui, 248197.
16th and 17th October 2015
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM COMPOSITION:
- The Competition is open for students pursuing three/ five year LL.B. Degree Course from any recognized Law College/University subject to fulfillment of the registration formalities.
- Each team shall consist of a three members, (two speakers and one researcher).
In order to confirm participation, teams of every Institution should register themselves. Early bird registration limited to 32 teams only. The registration process consists of the following two Steps:
Each Team is required to fill in the online Registration form and send the Demand Draft details to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2015. Subject of the mail should bear “Registration Form for N.J. YASASWY MEMORIAL NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2015”. The details for Demand Draft transactions are given hereunder:
The Demand Draft shall be drawn in the favour of “The ICFAI University” payable at Dehradun.
Original Demand Draft and the authorization letter should be sent by September 20, 2015 to the address of the University and “Registration Form N.J. YASASWY MEMORIAL NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION - 2015” should be super scribe on the envelope. The address is as under: Faculty of Law, The ICFAI University, Dehradun. Central Hope Town, Rajawala Road, Selaqui, 248197.
Rs. 1500/- (Rupees One Thousand and Five Hundred only) for each participating team consisting of 3 members. No additional member shall be permitted. Forms received after the deadline i.e. September 15, 2015 may not be considered for registration.
The Competition shall be conducted in the English language only.
Last date of Registration–15thSeptember 2015
Last date for reaching Demand Draft and - 18thSeptember 2015
Authorization letter to the University
Last Date for Submission of Memorials (soft copy) – 28thSeptember 2015
Last Date for submission of Memorials (hard copy)- 3rd October 2015
mail to: email@example.com
Draw of lots
Each team will be provided with a Team Code on reporting to the venue. After the draw of lots, each team will be assigned a side (appellant/respondent). Fixtures of the teams will be pre-determined based on the team codes.
This will be a knock-out round. Each team is allowed 20 minutes to represent their case. Each team shall represent only one side as decided during the draw of lots. The winner of each court-room will be decided on the basis of the scores awarded by the judges in this round and the marks awarded by MEC.
Note: The top eight teams selected after this round will proceed to the quarter-finals.
The top four teams selected after this round will proceed to the semi-final.
The top two teams selected after this round will proceed to the finals.30 minutes shall be provided to each team.
The final round shall take place between the winners of the semi-final round.30 minutes shall be provided to each team.
Maximum scores for the court rounds will be 100 marks per speaker. The court rounds will be judged on the following parameters:
- Knowledge of Law – 20 Marks
- Application of law to Facts- 20 Marks
- Ingenuity & ability to answer questions- 20 Marks
- Style, Poise, Courtesy & Demeanor- 20 Marks
- Time Management- 10 Marks
- Organization- 10 Marks
Inside the Court Room the participants shall be in
- Formals Female(s): White Salwar and Kurta /White Shirt, Black Trouser and Black Tie along with Black Blazer and Black Shoes.
- Male(s): White Shirt and Black Trouser along with Black Tie, Black Blazer and Black Shoes.
FORMAT OF MEMORIALS
- The memorial shall not exceed 30 typed A4 size pages.
- Colour of the cover page must be Blue in case of Appellant and Red in case of Respondent.
- Body of Memorial shall include:
- The Cover Page of the memorial must state the Cause Title
- Table of Contents
- List of Abbreviations
- Index of Authorities / Table of cases
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Statement of Issues
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments advanced/detailed arguments.
- Identity of the Institution should not be revealed anywhere in the memorial as well as in any Annexure. Violation of this provision will result in penalties including disqualification. The Organizer's decision shall be final in this regard.
- The font of the body of the memorial should be Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5 & headings should be 14. The font of the footnotes should be Times New Roman, size 10.
- Memorials should be spiral bound.
- Memorials should have one inch margin on all sides of each page.
- Pages should be numbered at the bottom middle.
- The memorial should not contain any photographs/ sketches/exhibits/affidavits etc.
- All memorials received within time schedule will be evaluated by the Memorial Evaluation Committee (MEC) to be constituted by the National Coordinators, FOL, The ICFAI University, Dehradun.
- The evaluation will be done on the following parameters:
- Knowledge of Facts & Law – 25 Marks
- Extent & use of research- 25
- Proper & Articulate Analysis- 20
- Clarity & Organization -10
- Correct format & Citation- 10
- Grammar & style- 10
CATEGORIES OF AWARDS
- Winner of the Final Round will be given the “Best Team” award.
- Runner-up of the Final Round will be given the “Runner Up” award.
- Team with the highest memorial scores will be given the “Best Memorial” award.
- “Best Mooter” award shall be determined on the basis of the total marks secured during the court rounds.
- In addition to the above, certificates will be issued to all the participants.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES
- Winning Team Award: The winning team will receive a trophy and prizes.
- Runner Up Team Award: The runner up team will receive a trophy and prizes.
- Best Speaker shall receive a trophy.
- The team with the Best Memorials will receive a prize.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Accomodation per se shall not be provided but support for the same shall be extended whole heartedly. There shall be complimentary lunch during the tenure of the event.
QUERIES AND CLARIFICATIONS
In case of any questions related to problems or clarifications.regarding the competition, feel free to contact the following:
Contact National Moot Court Conveners
Asst. Prof. Saurabh Siddhartha +91- 8953894626
Asst. Prof. Rohit Shukla+91- 7060763266
Minakshi Priya - 09548606646
Amit Dadhich - 09045429842
Yashvardhan Krishna - 08881039298
DeepanjanDutta Roy - 07895213036
AshutoshThakral - 09756410409
Pranjal Singh - 07060471941
AdityaAnand – 07060324487
For more details and moot problem click here.
Find the link for the registration.