ICSRIHL 2018: 20th International Conference on Substantive Rights and International Humanitarian Law
International humanitarian law, refugee law and human rights law are complementary bodies of law that share a common goal, the protection of the lives, health and dignity of persons. They form a complex network of complementary protections and it is essential that we understand how they interact. Through this conference, our aim is to increase understanding about these laws and discuss to identify the emerging concerns and plausible solutions for the same. The Conference aims to bring together experts and interested parties of international law and provide them a platform where they can discuss and debate the contemporary and challenging issues of under the theme.
Call for Papers:
LLC-CILS invites papers for presentation from academicians, experts, lawyers and research scholars from India and abroad. Author/s are requested to submit a selfattested undertaking (attached to this call) stating the originality of their work, along with their full paper.
- Interface of international humanitarian law and human rights law;
- Refugees and internally displaced persons in international humanitarian law;
- Law of non-international armed conflicts;
- Protection of (i) civilians; (ii) prisoners of war; (iii) combatants; (iv) women and children; Rules on protected zones and occupied territories;
- Protection of natural and cultural resources in times of armed conflicts;
- International humanitarian law –Asian Perspectives;
- International organisations and international humanitarian law;
- United Nations Peacekeeping forces and international humanitarian law;
- Implementation, compliance, enforcement and responsibility of states under international humanitarian law during peace times.
The author(s)/researcher(s) have to submit the abstract by the stipulated date. Based on the abstract, the author(s)/researcher(s) will be informed about the selection and will be asked to submit the full paper.
The abstract should include:
- Title of the abstract and theme;
- Name, designation and institution of author(s)/researcher(s), email, phone number;
- Abstract (Issues, Methodology, Value-addition and Usefulness of the research);
- The abstract limit is up to 300 words.
- All abstracts are to be submitted at in MS Word .doc or .docx format, with the subject titled as ‘ABSTRACT: YOUR NAME(s) AND COLLEGE;
- Up to two Co-authors are allowed.
- Academicians/ Experts/Lawyers 2500/-
- PhD Scholars/ Researchers/Students 1500/-
- Observers/Participants 500/-
- Abstract Submission: January 20, 2018
- Notification of Selection: January 25, 2018
- Submission of Full Paper: February 25, 2018
- Dates of the Conference: March 17, 2018
For official Brochure click here