ILNU’s National Conference on Justice Education On Nov 10-11
From working on the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Codes to the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), to holding the practice of triple talaq illegal and giving right to privacy a constitutional protection, the Indian judiciary, along with the government, has adopted a progressive approach at an unusually fast but cautious pace.
In an attempt to analyse the different reforms that have taken place in various areas of law from different perspectives, Institute of Law Nirma University (ILNU) will hold a national conference on justice education on November 10 and 11 to discuss recent law reforms and various legal contemporary issues.
- Right to identity vis-à-vis right to privacy
- Alternative Disputes Resolution – Issues and challenges in reference with the reforms in the Indian arbitration laws
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in India
- Tribunalization of justice system in India
- Indian sports laws – Issues and challenges
- Socio-legal impact of triple talaq judgment
- Managing the GST eco system & the future of economic growth
- jurisdictional conflicts between Legislature & Judiciary
- Patents and protection of plant varieties and sustainable agriculture- Indian perspective
- Mergers and acquisitions in the banking sector- An analysis of legal issues
- Technology and judicial proceedings – Issues and challenges
- Entry of foreign law firms in India: Trends and challenges
- Evolving trends in intellectual property laws
- Last date for full paper submission: October 30, 2017
- Last date of registration: October 28, 2017
- Date of Conference: November 10-11, 2017
- Professionals: Rs. 2,500
- Academicians: Rs. 2,000
- Research Scholars/ Students: Rs. 1,500
- Participants (Non-Paper Presenters): Rs. 1,000
- Registration can be done through online platform, link for the same is given here
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately and at least one of the authors must attend the conference to present the paper.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com.
- A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Professional Position/ Course/Year of Study (as applicable), Name of the Institution/College/University, Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number must be submitted along with the paper.
- The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.). The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with line-spacing of 1.0.One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 19thEdition.
- Full paper has to be submitted in soft copy in PDF and MS Word formats with the extension .doc or .docx.
Queries can be directed to Rejitha Nair (+918401601807), Jagjeet Vashishtha (+917600115892), Mili Baxi (+919825717818) and Ankit Tripathi (+917355238546).
The brochure for the competition can be found here.