ILNU’s National Students’ Conference on International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws [8th August]
Under the aegis of the Institute of Law, Nirma University, The Centre for International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law is organising the seventh edition of its annual flagship event, National Students Conference on International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws, in association with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on 8th August.
The conference aims to address contemporary issues and challenges faced by the scholars, academicians and practitioners in the field of International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws.
The best papers will be rewarded and selected papers would be published in an edited volume of conference proceedings.
- Modern day weaponry and the challenges it poses to International Humanitarian Law.
- New Technologies of warfare: Cyber warfare, Autonomous Weapon System etc.
- The application of Human Rights Law in Armed Conflict.
- The interface between International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law.
- Private Military Contractors under International Humanitarian Law.
- Common Article 3: Threshold and its impact.
- The role of Non-State actors in taking forward the Humanitarian dialogue.
- The growing discourse on Climate Change Refugees and issues related to it.
- Internal armed conflict and response of South Asian Countries to it.
- The status of women refugees and gender discrimination under Human Rights Law.
- Abstract Submission: 25th May 2018
- Paper Submission: 20th July 2018
Registration Fee: Rs. 500
For further details, click here.