International Council of Jurists, London’s National Seminar on Human Rights On 20th January, 2017
National Seminar on Human Rights will act as a platform for all students and other intellectuals from all over the country to can come together and discuss various measures to be taken to eliminate discrimination that is prevailing at present day. It is rightly said that no one can change the world in one day but everyone can do their part. This is a small initiative from our side to make world a better place to live in.
Organised by: International Council of Jurists (Student Division)
“The International Council of Jurists” (headquarters in London) is a body of jurists working towards the promotion of administration of justice and the healthy development of law, suitable to social and economic needs of the people. The Council is actively involved in organizing campaigns for legal awareness and legal information to be used as a tool for advancement of public good. The Council intends to promote rule of law and social justice by making provision of free legal aid and by maintenance of an efficient system of legal advice.
ICJ Student Division provides just the right platform for those young lawyers to shape their intellect, build virtuous vision while embarking their journey towards success. ICJ aims to accentuate contemporary legal matters, while coming up with sustainable solutions. Students from different parts of India, have come together to raise issues regarding legal education in India while keeping in view the international standards. Further agenda of this organization will be organizing a number of campaigns and seminars, including International and National Moot Courts in different parts of India regularly, to keep the vigiour ignited.
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite the academicians, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society and student research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the National Seminar. Interested participants may submit soft copy of the abstracts and full papers to the organizing committee through the following email address: [email protected]
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Status of Indigenous People
- Human Rights of Migrant Workers
- Human Rights of Aged and Disabled
- The Minorities and Human Rights
- Human Rights violation faced by HIV/ AIDS people
- Human rights of Sex Workers
- International Human Rights: Contemporary Prospect
- Human Rights and Terrorism
- Business as usual? The commercial impact of Human Rights
- Human Rights: Prospects and Challenges
- Business, Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Role of NGOs in advocacy for Human Rights
- Enforcement Mechanism and Protective Laws : National Perspective
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards provided to the vulnerable groups in India
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
Your Abstract (of about 300 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation/Institution Details
- Address and Email id
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of your message should read: ‘Abstract Submission for National Seminar on Human Rights’
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub heading should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
All papers accepted for the conference will be published in reputed journal bearing ISSN Number.
Students : Rs. 700
Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars : Rs. 1000
Presentation in Absentia : Rs. 1200
On Spot Registration : Rs. 900
Note:-Those who wish to attend only they have to register before 15th January, 2017, registration fee for same is Rs.400 Per Person.
Submission of Abstract 15th December, 2016
Confirmation of abstract selection 21st December, 2016
Registration 5th January, 2017
Submission of FULL paper 15th January, 2017
Conference Dates 20th January, 2017
Who Should Attend?
- Research Scholars/Faculties
- Corporate Delegates
- Business entities
Rules for the Participates:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
- All Co-authors have to register separately.
Note: The authors and Co-authors both must register separately
The registration fee includes conference kit, lunch, High Tea, entry to all Technical session, and Certificates.
Submit your abstract to [email protected] Subject line ‘Abstract Submission for National Seminar on Human Rights’.
For any queries, feel free to drop email to [email protected] or call on +91-9015364307, +91-7002231945 or +91-9811871734.
Address:-ICJ- Regd. Office : 134, Backingham Palace Road, London(UK) SW1W9SA, Telephone +(44) 2081335686,Fax +(44) 2077991687.
India Office:-DS-423/424, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi-110060.
- MahakRathee, Vice President, Student Division, International Council of Jurists, London
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: +91-7782044252
- Priya Gupta, Vice President (Events), Student Division, International Council of Jurists, London
Read the detailed Brochure here.