International Criminal Law Workshop; Registrations open
The First International Criminal Law Workshop is being organized jointly by Society for Research in Law and Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow. First of its kind in the country, it will see International criminal Law specialists from India, Netherlands, United States, Singapore and Pakistan joining hands to teach and introduce the subject to a crowd of students, lawyers, academicians and professionals. Never before in the country, has such a workshop with such a large and diverse panel of specialists been conducted. The Workshop is a three day event with 10 lectures by a group of 6 speakers. The Workshop will follow on Socrates method of teaching. The specialist panel will take separate classes, interact, debate and discuss with the participants through a cautiously and exclusively drafted course module. The participants will be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the workshop.
The registration for the event is through invitation only. Interested students/professionals/academicians/lawyers can fill up the request form for invitation here.
Mere submission of form will not amount to registration. The form will be scrutinized by our Executive Board who will then decide whether to send an invitation or not.
Once we have received the request, we will get back to the participant within 3 [Three] working days with the outcome.
If we issue an invitation to the participant, he or she will be required to deposit the registration fee with next 3 [Three] working days to confirm the seat. If the participant wish us to book accommodation, he or she will be required to deposit the booking amount along with the registration fee.
Registrations will close as soon as the seats are filled. Waitlisted participants shall be notified.
- For students pursuing
Five years B.A.,LL.B(Hons.) or equivalent five years course
LL.B (Three years) or equivalent course
LL.M/PG in Criminology
Registration fee is Rs. 1950/-.
- For Lawyers/Professionals/Academicians, the Registration fee is Rs. 2950/-
- For Sponsored Participants, the Registration fee is Rs. 4950/- per participant. The Sponsored seats are limited and open to Companies/University/Law Firms/Non-governmental organizations for sending their representative to the Workshop. The certificate will mention the name of the organization along with the name of the participant.
(Registration fee includes executive lunch, tea/snacks (twice a day), workshop kit and pick/drop to city Centre/accommodation booked by us).
While we allow participants to book their own accommodation, we encourage them to avail the discounted rates with us.
Entry level rooms are available at approximately Rs. 950/night (inclusive of all taxes). All rooms are Air-conditioned with TV, Fridge, Internet and Room service. The charges include breakfast and morning tea. The arrangement is located in the center of Lucknow with Hazratganj at only 5 minutes distance. It is advisable to inform us of the booking as soon as you receive the invitation as the prices may increase after 1st of October.
The total cost will depend upon the travel schedule of the participant:
- If participant arrives on 26th evening and leaves on 30th morning, total accommodation fee would be Rs.3800/-
- If participant arrives on 27th morning and leaves on 30th Morning, total accommodation fee would be Rs.2850/-.
- If participant arrives on 27th morning and Leaves on 29th night, total accommodation fee would be Rs.1900/-. However, in that case, the participant will have to carry his/her luggage to venue in 29th morning as the participant will have to check out prior to 12.00 pm.
(The society will manage the transfer of participants from accommodation to the workshop venue and vice versa)
The participants are required to send accommodation fee along with the registration fee once they receive the official invitation from us.
Detailed information available here.