International Seminar on "Protection of Rights of Indigenous People: Issues and Challenges"
Ajeenkya D Y Patil University School of Law in collaboration with Consulate of Canada is organising an International Seminar on "Protection of Rights of Indigenous People: Issues and Challenges".
Date of Conference: 7th October 2017
Venue of the Conference: Auditorium, Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Charoli Budruk via Lohegaon, Pune- 412105 About the Conference:
Indigenous peoples are responsible for a great deal of the world’s linguistic and cultural diversity, and their traditional knowledge has been and continues to be an invaluable resource that benefits all of mankind. Yet, indigenous peoples continue to suffer discrimination, marginalization, extreme poverty and conflict.
Meanwhile, their belief systems, cultures, languages and ways of life continue to be threatened, sometimes even by extinction. Increasingly, governments are recognizing these threats, and matching such recognition with action.
In responding to the challenges they continue to face, indigenous peoples have engaged the international community, calling for a Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and a permanent forum at the United Nations that meets regularly to discuss issues & challenges.
Theme of the Conference: Protection of Rights of Indigenous People: Issues and Challenges
Sub Themes (The sub-themes are only illustrative in nature and exhaustive):
- Protection of Rights of Indigenous people at International, National and Local Level
- Indigenous People and Forest Rights
- The Role of Judiciary in Protection of Rights of Indigenous People
- The Role of NGO in Protection of Rights of Indigenous People.
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- An abstract of not more than 300 words
- The full paper not exceeding 3000 Words including foot notes
- Abstract & Full paper shall be sent on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of Abstract - 26th Aug 2017
- Communication of Acceptance - 28th Aug 2017
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper- 30th September 2017
- Last Date of Registration - 5th October 2017
1) Academician/ NGOs
- Single Author - Rs 1000/-
- Co Author - Rs 1500/-
2) Research Scholars
- Single Author - Rs 750 /-
- Co Author - Rs 1000/-
- Single Author - Rs 500/-
- Co Author - Rs 750/-
- Dr. KKSR Murthy, Associate Professor- 09493878572
- Prof Dhanya K A, Assistant Professor- 09000011903
Click here for access to the Brochure.