IV RMLNLU National Mediation Competition 2018 [19th-20th Jan, Lucknow]
The Legal Aid Committee of the Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University has announced the ‘IV RMLNLU National Mediation Competition, 2018’ from 19th to 21st January.
The Legal Aid Committee aspires to further its commitment towards fostering ADR mechanisms by taking the competition to an international level. The committee promises to make the forthcoming IV edition bigger and better with increased participation of students across the globe. This year RML has collaborated with ‘Peacekeeping And Conflict Resolution Team’ (PACT) as their chief advisory organisation. PACT shall be organizing an orientation session for all the participants, which shall enrich the participants with the requisite mediation and negotiation skills. As part of the orientation, sessions will be taken by a panel of experts like Tom Valenti, Claudia Winkler, Pascal Comvalius, Catherine Davidson and Jonathan Rodrigues.
Rules for the Competition:
- A team shall consist of two members, one playing the role of a mediator and the other of a client.
- In its one-of-a-kind pattern, there shall be two mediators from different teams and two different clients (all four from different teams) competing against each other in a single round.
- Each team shall contest in two preliminary rounds and based on their cumulative scores top eight clients and mediators shall qualify for quarter-finals.
- The top four mediators and clients will make it to the semi-finals and the top two for finals.
The participants qualifying for the following titles shall be felicitated with trophies and cash prizes worth INR 50,000. Prizes shall be awarded in the following categories:
- Best mediator
- Runner-up mediator
- Best client
- Runner-up client
- Best team
- The semi-finalists shall also go enriched with resources in the field of ADR.
- Participation in the competition is through invitation only. Any university/college/institute may request for an invite by sending us an email at [email protected].
- The competition has a team cap of 32 teams. While allotting slots to Universities, preference shall be towards the invited teams, while the teams that apply to the organizing committee will be wait-listed until slots are available.
- Registration Fees per team is INR 4000.
Alongside the mediation competition, the university will also host the RMLNLU International ADR Conference on ‘The Challenges and Prospects of Arbitration and other forms of ADR in India’.
The proposed conference seeks for participation of scholars in the area of arbitration, conciliation, mediation & other forms of ADR, both from within and outside India. All the research papers submitted within the deadline shall be evaluated by the Editorial Board and amongst those, only the Authors whose papers have been shortlisted after evaluation shall be allowed to register and present their papers in the Conference.
Queries can be addressed to Samya Gupta (+91 9450789647) Sonakshi Banerjee (+91 8960736386), or Anchal Singh (+ 91 9889592314).
For further details, please refer to the brochure.