Assistant Professor (Law) Vacancy At Kurukshetra University
18 Nov 2019 3:44 PM GMT
Kurukshetra University invites online application for the post of Assistant Professor (Law).
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor (Law).
No. of Post: 7 (Seven)
Pay Scale: Academic Level-10 (Rs. 57700-182400/-) with entry pay of Rs. 57700/-
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the master's degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clause (A) and (B) the candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such masters Programmes in discipline for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master's level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D Degree holders, who have obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
- Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
- The candidates registered for Ph.D programme prior to July 11, 2009 shall also be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Ph.D degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
- Evaluation of the Ph.D thesis by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
- Candidates has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D work.
How to apply?
- To apply online click here
- Opening date for submission of online applications:05.11.2019
- Closing date for submission of online applications: 26.11.2019
To Access Official Notification click here