Lawmen & White, Advocate & Solicitors a Delhi-based firm is looking to hire Associates. Lawmen & White, Advocate & Solicitors is a growing boutique Supreme Court law firm based out of Jangpura, New Delhi. All three partners are first-generation lawyers.
The Law firm's prime focus would undoubtedly be Supreme Court litigation. Additionally, we also practice before all major Appellate Fora in New Delhi such as NCLT, NCLAT, NCDRC, APTEL, CCI, CAT, AFT, NGT, etc. Aside from Delhi High Court, the firm also has a major role in strategizing and overviewing Pan-India litigation of various limited companies.
The Law firm overview litigation, provide legal strategy, and regularly appear before various High Courts throughout the length and breadth of the country, such as in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Punjab & Haryana, Rajasthan, etc. Additionally, the firm also works closely with many parliamentarians and are often called upon for assistance when parliament is in session.
Name of the Post: Associates
No. of Post: 02 (Two)
Remuneration:The remuneration would be commensurate with industry standards and would be discussed during the interview.Well, performing candidates shall be suitably incentivized in addition to the fixed monthly retainer.The best performing associates would thereafter be groomed and trained towards becoming Principal Associates/Team Leaders in certain practice areas.
Essential Qualification and Experience
· Preference will be given to first-generation lawyers with no family background in the legal profession.
· The experience should be between 0 to 2 years.
· The Law firm will prefer Delhi based applicants but are more than happy to accommodate others as from their past experience have shown that some of the best legal talent is hidden in our country's small towns and hinterland.
Scope of Work
The Associates would be required to assist Partners before the Supreme Court and various other High Courts and judicial/quasi-judicial fora. The same would, inter alia, include the following:
· Preparation of case notes/written arguments
· Briefing of Senior Counsel
· Miscellaneous Appearances
Key Expectations: What We Want In Our Associates
· Must be proficient and have a functional command over language – both English and Hindi. The same must translate into the drafting as well.
· Must be well-read.
· Must possess legal acumen - In the firm, we work in a collaborative manner and value the legal input of the entire team. Points for arguments or grounds suggested by our associates are much appreciated.
· The ability to say no - If there is a discussion, where something may not be the best way forward, we expect our associates to bring the same to our knowledge. We are not looking for sheep who go grazing with the flock.
· Grasping ability - Since we are a full-service law firm, we do not want specialists in any field. What we prize and value is an inherent ability to grasp and understand the core concepts of various arenas in law, to be able to effectively tackle the same.
· Highest degree of professionalism and work ethic – The firm is not your average workplace where the partners leave early, and associates are left to work. The partners are usually in office well before others and are the last to leave. This level of work ethic is the norm.
· Ability to multi-task – This is essential as we are a growing firm with an increasing workload.
· Must be willing to learn – In this profession, our experience is simply an amalgamation of our mistakes over the years. Prudence and wisdom lie in not repeating them.
· Must be motivated and driven to succeed in the profession – One must remember that at the end of the day, as a lawyer it ultimately boils down to the lawyer and the judge - who does not really care about what office said the lawyer is from. Therefore, we want our associates to be driven and continuously strive to improve not for our benefit for their own personal growth - as this would first benefit themselves in the profession, and only subsequently, the firm.
· Must be legally inquisitive – The firm has a policy of discussing legal issues or relevant judgments once a week. The same is extremely important for our personal and professional growth. We always appreciate learning something new!
How to apply?
· Interested and suitable candidates can send their resumes, along with a covering letter to [email protected].
For further queries, please contact at 011-40560226/8882759783