Empanelment Of Advocates/ Law Firms At Indian Institute Of Technology Guwahati
19 Feb 2020 7:15 AM GMT
Indian Institute Of Technology Guwahati invites application from eligible Advocates for empanelment of Advocates/Law firms to represent IIT Guwahati before different Courts of Law and provide legal advices in administrative matters. The initial empanelment will be for one year. Performance of empanelled of Advocates/Law Firms shall be reviewed periodically or on annual basis.
Name of the Post: Empanelment Of Advocates/ Law Firms
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in law from a recognized University and registration with Bar Council of India.
- Have a minimum, relevant experience of fifteen years of handling civil/criminal/service/IPR/land related matters/quasi-judicial forums like consumer forums, arbitral tribunals etc.
- Having good communication/drafting skills in English and good knowledge of law and procedure, in civil and criminal matters.
- The Advocates / Law Firms should be familiar with various branches of law especially those conceiving laws of matters related to various writs, PIL, Land Disputes/Constitutional/ Service Law/Contract Law/ Property Laws and Taxations/IPR/consumer forum etc.
- Preference will be given to the counsels who have dealt earlier with Educational Institutes / Universities / Government Department cases (writ petitions / appeals) in Hon'ble Supreme Court / Hon'ble High Court and Hon'ble District Courts.
- The Counsel should be well conversant with Prevention of Corruption Act, Central Vigilance Commission Act, Indian Penal Code, RTI Act etc. and Procedural Codes.
How to apply?
- Eligible practicing Advocate/Law Firms must submit an application in the format prescribed in Annexure "I" enclosed in the notification, along with all supporting documents in a sealed envelope to The Registrar, Administration Building, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam, PIN-781 03.
- The envelope should be super scribed as "Application for Empanelment of Advocates/Law firms to represent IIT Guwahati before different Courts of Law".
- The last date of receiving Applications in the prescribed format along with supporting document is 8th March 2020 till 16.00 hours.
To Access Official Notification click here