The government of Tamil Nadu Public (Law Officers) Department invites applications for the post of Government Advocate (Civil side / Criminal Side / Taxes) at the High Court of Madras and Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras.
Name of the Post: Government Advocate (Civil side / Criminal Side / Taxes)
No. of Post:
• Government Advocate (Civil side) 52 at High Court of Madras and 19 at Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras
• Government Advocate (Criminal Side) 16 at High Court of Madras and 13 at Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras
• Government Advocate (Taxes) 03 at High Court of Madras
Essential Qualification and Experience
• A degree of Bachelor of Law from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
• Registered with a Bar Council under the Advocates Act, 1961
• As an advocate having a practice of not less than five years, out of which a minimum of not less than three years in the High Court.
How to apply?
• The interested candidates are required to submit in their applicants in the prescribed format with a detailed biodata/ CV containing the educational qualifications of the applicant (along with self-attested copies of such certificates), particulars of previous jobs held/work experience, notable/reported cases argued/handled, panels/ assignments previously/currently held shall send or give their application through Registered post or in-person to the Secretary to 'Government, Public Department, Secretariat, Chennai - 600 009 by 29.07.2021 before 5.45 PM.
• A letter from a Senior of 25 years experience or from a recognized Bar; or Advocates Association of the High Court to establish the minimum practice required for the post applied.
• A self-attested copy of the registration certificate of the applicant with the concerned Bar Council.
• The envelope should be superscribed as "Application for the post of Government Advocate (Civil side / Criminal Side / Taxes)". The application received after the due date/time will summarily be rejected.
To Access Official Notification, click here