Government of Meghalaya invites application for the post of Non-Judicial Member in Lokayukta of Meghalaya.
Name of the Post: Non-Judicial Member
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Essential Qualification and Experience
- A person of impeccable integrity, outstanding ability having special knowledge and expertise of not less than twenty-five years in the matters relating to anti-corruption policy, public administration, vigilance, finance including insurance and banking, law, and management.
- Persons applying for the above-mentioned post at para 1 of this Advertisement shall not be eligible as per sub-section (4) of Section 3 of the Meghalaya Lokayukta Act, 2014 (Act No. 4 of 2014) if he or she is,-
- A Member of Parliament or a member Of the Legislature of any State or Union territory; or
- A person convicted of any offence involving moral turpitude; or
- A person of less than forty-five years of age on the date of assuming office as Chairperson or Member, as the case may be;
- A member of any panchayat Or Municipality or District Council; Or
- A person who has been removed or dismissed from service of the Union or a State, and shall not hold an office of trust or of it other than his Office as the Chairperson or a Member) or be connected with any political party or carry on any business or practice any profession.
How to apply?
- All applicants, whether nominated or those who are applying directly in response to the Advertisement must submit their applications in the prescribed proforma which is enclosed as Annexure - A. Applications which are not in the prescribed proforma will be summarily rejected.
- Application, complete in all respects along with latest Passport Size photo and duly signed by the applicants, must be addressed to the Additional Secretary to the Govt. of Meghalaya, Political Department and Convenor of the Search Committee Of Lokayukta, Room No.403, Meghalaya (C) Secretariat, Additional Building, Shillong-793001 and should reach latest by 4:30 P.M. on 03.01.2020.
- Applications received the due date will not be accepted. This Department will not be responsible for delay/loss of application, for any reason whatsoever. The envelope containing the application shall be superscripted "Application for the Post of Non-Judicial Member, Lokayukta".
To Access Official Notification click here