Migration & Asylum Project, an Initiative of The Ara Trust, is hiring for the post of 'Research Consultant – Gender and Labour Rights for Migrant Women in India'.
Contract Period: July - December 2020
Location: New Delhi (the Consultant will work remotely but may be required to come to the office periodically for meetings)
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research on women migrants' access to documentation, public entitlements and other related issues;
- Map existing laws, rules, and regulations of the Central and Delhi governments for women migrant workers. This will include labour rights related to work conditions and pay, as well as rights related to health, nutrition, and reproductive rights including child care;
- Collate the above research and prepare documentation; prepare related briefs, reports, user-friendly information pamphlets, and presentations as required;
- Develop an advocacy road map for engagement with central/ state government agencies and authorities to secure the rights of migrant women;
- Build alliances with relevant State authorities and civil society stakeholders working with the population of concern and take their input in collating the report; and
- Conduct a webinar with the necessary stakeholders to launch the project report and share the findings.
- Master's degree relevant to the area of study (e.g. international relations/law, social sciences, development studies etc.);
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the field of labour laws, migration and/ or related fields
- Previous experience of gender and/or migrant rights and its documentation, and/or independent research projects;
- Experience of working with civil society organisations and key affected communities in the field;
- Record of published work in books, working papers, journals, or commissioned reports;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines; and
- If situation allows, willingness to travel.
Consultancy Fee: The consultancy fee will be within the range of INR. 60,000-75,000 per month, depending on the level of experience. The fee will be subject to TDS. All programme-related travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the organisation's travel policy.
Application Process and Deadline:
- Interested candidates are requested to send a copy of their 1) resume, 2) writing sample (published), and 3) a cover letter with their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for the application is 5:00 PM, June 26th 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to join the team from July 2020.