Special Public Prosecutors Vacancy (Income Tax, Chennai)
Income Tax Office, Chennai invites applications from advocates of substantial standing and repute and with good academic credentials for the empanelment of Special Public Prosecutors for representing prosecution cases of the Income Tax Department in the Economic Offences Court or/and in the appropriate courts of Chennai and other places of Tamilnadu and Puducherry.
Name of the Post: Special Public Prosecutors
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Be eligible to appear before the Court as an Advocate, and
- Have minimum experience of 7 (seven) years as a Practicing Advocate, in criminal matters.
- Adequate experience of handling trials relating to Direct Taxes is desirable.
How to apply?
- The application proforma, eligibility and terms and conditions of empanelment can be accessed at http://www.tnincometax.gov.in or may be obtained from the Income Tax Officer (Prosecution).
- All the documentary proof should be submitted along with the application.
- The Special Public Prosecutors who have either resigned earlier or whose empanelment has been terminated by this office for the reason of non-reporting to work or for any other reason cannot apply.
- The duly filled in applications should be submitted in prescribed Proforma-P1, through Regd. Post or by hand in a sealed cover addressed to the Income Tax Officer (Prosecution), Room No.327, Aayakar Bhawan, Main Building, 3rd floor, 121, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034. A soft copy of the application in the prescribed proforma should also be mailed to the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last date for receipt of the applications is 07.06.2019 up to 5.00 PM.
To Access Official Notification click here