Law Clerk–Cum–Research Assistant Vacancy At Karnataka HC
High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru invites applications from interested candidates for selection to 27 posts of Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants.
Post: Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants
No. of posts: 27
Monthly Honorarium: Rs.15, 000/-
- Must hold Degree in Law granted by a recognized University with min. 50% marks.
- Must not have completed the age of 30 years as on the last date of application
- Must have enrolled as an Advocate
- Must have knowledge of computer
The duties and responsibilities of a Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant are:
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes and chronology of events;
- Identifying facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed;
- Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
- Research work on case law, books and articles for the purpose of assisting the Judge in the preparation of judgments; and
- Assisting the Judge to prepare speeches and academic papers
Method of Selection:
- A Committee of Hon’ble Judges constituted by Hon’ble the Chief Justice will select the candidates on the basis of academic record, achievements in co-curricular activities and performance in the interview.
- If there are large number of applicants, candidates will be short-listed for interview on the basis of academic record and achievements in co-curricular activities.
- The applicants whose applications are in order shall be considered for calling for viva. (Candidates called for viva-voce will have to appear for the same at their own cost).
Last date for submission of application: 06.04.2018
For official notification and application form click here