Call For Blogs: RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) On "Regulating E-Sports: Paving The Road Ahead"
RGNUL Student Research Review in association with IKIGAI LAW invites submissions for the RSRR Blog Series on the theme "Regulating E-Sports: Paving the Road Ahead"
- Legal Recognition of E-Sports as a Sport and medal event at international events;
- Need for Regulation of E-Sports (Eg: Statutory, Self-Regulatory, etc.);
- Determining the distinction between E-Sports and Gambling;
- E-Sports and Intellectual Property Protections (Issues related to thin line difference between adaptation and copyright infringement, competition law principles vis-à-vis game publisher's IP rights, etc.);
- Regulation of Online Streaming and Broadcasting Rights For E-Sports;
- The menace of betting, match-fixing, and cheating over E-Sports;
- Skill building and learning through engagement in E-Sports;
- Understanding 'E-Doping' and the need for fair competition in E-Sports;
- Intermediary liability vis- à-vis E-Sports hosted on gaming platforms;
- Legal implications of Foreign Court's decisions on E-Sports in India: Critical Analysis;
- Professional E-Sport athletes: Need for recognition of 'professional athletes' in E-Sports, immigration classification and legal protection;
- E-Sports and monetization of data: The privacy rights of players, data localization, biometric data, leasing out data, unregulated usage of such data and ownership of metadata;
- E-Sports and Contract Management and Enforceability (Eg: Employment, Sponsorship, etc);
- E-Sports and Free Speech: Creative freedom in developing and usage of E-Sports;
- Taxation issues in operation of E-Sports;
- The Competition Law in E-Sports vis- à-vis Right to Trade.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format
- The word limit for each post is a maximum of 1800-2100 words (exclusive of endnotes).
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author's name,
- designation, institute, contact number, and e-mail for future reference. [Participants are
- requested to not put their name anywhere in the main manuscript]
- The manuscripts must be e-mailed to email@example.com
- The subject should be titled "Submission for RSRR Blog Series: E-Sports".
- All selected entries shall be e-published on the RSRR Blog Series.
- E-certificates will be awarded to the authors of each published blog.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 is permitted.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
- In the case of gross plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted manuscript, the manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
- Copyright of all blog posts shall remain with RGNUL Student Research Review and Ikigai Law. All Moral Rights shall vest with the author(s).
- The last date of submission is 30th June 2019.
For any queries Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Access Brochure click here