National Law Institute University, Bhopal is organizing the 2nd NLIU-India Foundation Constitutional Law Symposium. As a part of the Symposium, a paper presentation competition will be organized as well.
Dates: 14th–15th March, 2020
Theme: Contemporary Constitutional Law Issues in India
1. Independence of the judiciary and judicial appointments
• Judicial activism versus judicial overreach
• Problems with the current system of judicial appointments
• Recusal of judges: Need for regulation?
2. Nature of the federal structure of India
• The constitutional legitimacy of the abrogation of Article 370
• A constitutional analysis of the 2019 Karnataka political crisis
3. Impact of statutory developments on constitutional rights
• Introduction of the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2019
• Introduction of the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019
4. Reintroduction of the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019
5. Constitutionality of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 2019
6. Any other constitutional law topic with contemporary relevance in India
For further details, click here.