The Indian Institute of Legal Studies'(IILS) 'IILS Law Review' [ISSN Number 2320-5318], is a peer reviewed journal.
The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for Volume VII, Issue 1 (December) 2020.
Theme: The journal focuses on issues related to various aspects of laws and emerging trends of socio-legal issues.
Eligibility: Submissions are invited from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the intellectual and scholastic society.
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law with the suggestions and conclusions of the Author. Word Limit being 4,000 to 6,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the author may decide to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Book Review: A Book Review is where the author identifies the central idea of the book, gives the reader indication of the author's style, approach, or premises, and then offers an overall evaluation adding suggestions and latest amendments to the given laws in the book. The word limit is from 1800-2000 words.
- Last date for Abstract submission: 30th September 2020
- Intimation of the selection of Abstract: 4th October 2020
- Last date for full paper submission: 20th October 2020
- Intimation of the selection of Full Paper: 20th November 2020
Mode of Submission: Submission of the abstract and full article shall be made by sending an e-mail at [email protected]
For any queries or clarifications, reach out at [email protected].
The call for papers can be accessed here.