Call For Papers: Law League; Volume I Issue I of the LDPR
Law League is inviting Call for Papers for the Volume I Issue I of the LDPR. Legal Development and Policy Review is quarterly, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal published by Law League.
Theme - The theme of the first issue pertains to Contemporary issues in India as well as around the Globe
· Long Manuscripts: Between 5000 and 6000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Manuscripts in this category are expected to engage with the theme and literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
· Short Manuscripts: Between 2000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Short Manuscripts are far more concise in scope. These Manuscripts usually deal with a very specific issue and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
· Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes. This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In case of legislative comment, the note must analyze the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
· Books reviews: should focus on books published in the past three years. Reviews of older books may be accepted if the author can justify why a review would be timely and a good fit for the journal. Book reviews inform readers about current advances in the field and encourage productive discourse. Submissions should be less than 1,500 words in length which describe the book's arguments and provides a critical analysis of the book's strengths and weaknesses.
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished.
- Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
- Maximum Co-Authorship of three persons is allowed.
- All the Articles, Short Articles and Case Commentaries being contributed for Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy are to be sent at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The entries should reach the given email Id before 5:00 PM, 20th February 2019.
- Entry should be in either '.doc' or '.docx' format.
- A mail confirming the receipt of the entry and subsequently notifying selected works of author (s) will be sent.
- A cover letter mentioning the name, contact numbers, name of the institution/ name of the university/ Occupation should be attached along with the article itself.
· Single Author: INR 1500
· Co-Authors: INR 2000
· Foreign Author: USD 40
To Access Brochure click here