Starting on Instagram sharing memes related to legal knowledge, Desi Kaanoon is a social-media start-up by law students, for law students. With a current following of more than thirty thousand followers including Facebook and Instagram, Desi Kaanoon has been a proud media partner for various events of law schools, colleges and universities. Besides, have mentored more than ten thousand law aspirants to get through eminent law schools across the country. We also organize various events including seminars and quiz competitions for our budding lawyers. We often look forward to promoting seminars, moot courts, MUNs, essay competitions, quiz competitions, conferences, call for papers and many more events. Our firmly gained goodwill has connected us with lots of talented people from the legal arena one would have always aspired of interning under.
Our website intends to bring to you articles on contemporary legal issues. To inspire young minds, regular interviews of top-notch lawyers are shared, particularly about their hard work and life advice.
About the competition
Judiciary is the temple of justice. While the courts deliver numerous significant judgments every day which pose a grave concern to the country, the massive backlog of cases, random conversations struck with people at courts, and "tareekhpetareekh" has become a subject of exasperation and hilarity at the same time.
Many of us have amusing incidents at court to recount. It may be as a party, as an intern, as an advocate, or even as a judge. To bring some mirth in these testing times, we invite you all to share your original experience or story with us and get a chance to win exciting prizes. These stories can be about you or something you have witnessed.
The competition is open for all.
For registering the competition, an amount of Rs. 99 has to be paid.
Payment can be made via PayTM/Google Pay/PhonePe at 7800701816.
1. All entries must be typewritten. Scanned or handwritten entries will not be submitted.
2. The word limit is 700 words.
3. The submission can be in English or Hindi.
4. The incident shared can be about any court or tribunal in India.
5. The submissions shall be mailed in .doc format only to info.[email protected] with the subject "Entry for courtroom experience", and the mail body shall enclose the following details-
· Name of the student
· Phone Number
Any mail not complying with this will be rejected outright.
6. The last date for registrations is 25th September 2020.
7. The deadline for submissions is 26th September 2020. Any submission made after this date will not be accepted.
8. The submissions should be amusing and should not contain defamatory or abusive content.
9. The results will be declared by 2nd October 2020.
Format of the submission
1. Font size: 12
2. Font Type: Times New Roman
3. Line spacing: 1.5
4. The alignment should be justified.
The best entry will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 1500 + certificate of merit.
The second best entry will be provided with a cash prize of Rs. 1000 + certificate of merit.
Top 12 entries will be published on our website under the head "The Bar Talks" + Certificate of Appreciation.
E-certificate shall be issued to all participants.
To register, (click here)
Note1: Participants are required to fill the above google form and attach the payment receipt of registration in the form.
Please write to us at [email protected] in case of any queries.
We can also be reached out at +91 9454742769 (Priya Chaudhary).
In collaboration with-
Youth Bar Association of India and Live Law.