Call For Entries: 4th GNLU Essay Competition On Law And Society
The GNLU Centre for Law and Society is organising the fourth edition of its Annual Essay Completion on Law & Society.
Theme: Algorithms, Law & Democracy
- In the wake of a Big Brother State: Surveillance and Privacy vis-à-vis section 69 of the Information Technology Act
- Algorithmic Bias and the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property Rights: Challenges new technology poses to the existing legal framework
- The Emergence of Big Data and Surveillance: How has Data-driven Policing changed law enforcement?
- The Internet of Things: How should the Law keep pace?
- Issues of Responsibility and Liability in Artificial Intelligence and Algorithmic Platforms
- The changing contours of Citizenship through Artificial Intelligence
- The politics and power in Algorithmic Infrastructures
Word Limit: 4500-6000 words
Prizes for Law Students:
- 1st Prize: INR 10,000, Internship at Luthra & Luthra Law Offices and Publication in the Law & Society Review
- 2nd Prize: INR 5,000, Internship at Software Freedom Law Centre and Publication in the Law & Society Review
Prizes for Non-Law Students:
- 1st Prize: INR 10,000, Internship at Tandem Research and Publication in the Law & Society Review
- 2nd Prize: INR 5,000, Internship at Centre for Social Justice and Publication in the Law & Society Review
Submission deadline: August 12th, 2019.
For more information on the submission guidelines, submission procedure and important rules, please click here.